Rider hit by tractor trailer in Clinton

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
That is a shortcut from rt 202 to rt 31N from the branchburg area - really a bad roads for anything larger than a box truck. Haven't heard an update yet.
Truckers should use their truck specific GPS/Nav units. This will fuel the debate about the trucks staying on the highways. A law that was struck down
a few years ago.

rick81721

Lothar
Hope he pulls through, if he got medivaced it can't be good.

Ride of Silence today folks - try to make one. Closest for me is a Franklin twp.

qclabrat

can't speculate who was at fault, it's right off Rt 31 so may be out doing a local delivery or something
Hope the rider pulls through all right

Patrick

Staff member
the last time i passed that intersection from north to south i was doing >20mph - the road is smooth -
really unfortunate - around 19.2 mile mark https://www.strava.com/activities/294941309

the author does a disservice to the reader using county road numbers like they are highways and not a back road.

Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
more info - so it was a local delivery - see, i was wrong, but the premise had merit :D

It was a pipeline truck, probably just delivered pipes to the line being installed on 629 in Readington Twp.

BigDB67

I will keep him and his family in my thoughts and prayers... my wife gets nervous every time I go for a ride on the road.

rick81721

Lothar
Thanks for the update - something else I've become conscious of when road riding is avoiding heading due west when the sun is setting ( or east in the morning but I rarely ride in the am)

BiknBen

Thanks for the update - something else I've become conscious of when road riding is avoiding heading due west when the sun is setting ( or east in the morning but I rarely ride in the am)
Heading east or west during times of sun glare can pose problems. I more often have traffic coming towards me and across my path that can't see me due to sun glare ( with the sun behind me). They are making a quick decision to turn and miss us cyclists when only looking for vehicles traffic.

Top Bottom