Race Day Reconnaissance: MTB Workshops

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandi

Elite Endurance will be hosting our first Race Day Reconnaissance Workshop: The 12th Annual Wawayanda Spring Cleaning MTB race course.

When? Friday 5/1
Wheels down at: 6pm
GPS Address: 885 warwick turnpike, hewitt, nj 07421, Wawayanda State Park, Hewitt, NJ 07421

Rides will be lead by...

-Giant Northeast Off-Road team rider Dillon Van Wart is one of the top professional MTBers in the region and has won pro events on the terrain he teaches on. He has been racing MTBs more than half his life and has successful coaching experience.

-Head coach Kenneth Lundgren is the most dominant time trialist in region history. In his final year of racing, he concentrated on racing in the woods and won six Cat-1 MTB races. He is a licensed professional and coaches many of the region’s top MTB racers.

The sessions are designed for advanced beginner-intermediate+ and experienced riders, and Dillon will lead the front group, Ken and staff riders will lead the second group.

Success in MTB racing is not just generating power or aiming for higher speed – success is understanding your personal threshold to generate maximal velocity through a specific course, a skill you need to practice.

Race Day Reconnaissance sessions typically consist of two full laps of the Race Course. In the first lap, the coaches will show racers the exact pacing and race lines to be used in competition. The second lap is devoted to finding flow, understanding optimal speeds, and developing a MTB racer’s mindset.

Post-ride, Van Wart and Lundgren break down full race-day preparation for optimal performance, from Wake-Up to Start Time, and conclude the session with an open Q&A.

*Race Day Reconnaissance sessions are $25. Elite Endurance athletes gain entry for $5.

*Please contact manager Mandi Pearl at Amanda@EliteEndurance.com to inquire about availability. Space is limited.

Ben Sundgren

Complete Rewardance will be hosting OUR first Race Day Reconnaissance Workshop: The 12th Annual Waywayanda Spring Cleaning MTB Race Course.

When:
Friday 5/1
Wheels Down at 5:55 pm
GPS Address: 885 warwick turnpike, hewitt, nj 07421, Wawayanda State Park, Hewitt, NJ 07421

Rides will be lead by....

- Head Coach Ben Sundgren is the baddest mofo on the planet. Aw yeah, you heard that right. For breakfast, Coach Ben likes to combine Corn Flakes with Raisin Bran; that's right! He just doesn't give a f**k. One time, he cut up a banana and threw it in there too - for potassium. You think you got what it takes to hang with the best? DO YOU PUNK!? No, I didn't think so. But come anyway, and let his awesomeness shine down on you.

You see, success in MTB racing is not just about putting milk in your cereal and eating it - success is understanding that, by combining two different brands of cereal, you have stuck it to the man. Ultimately, tossing a cut up banana in that bowl is tantamount to Romulus taming those whimp-ass Etruscans - they just couldn't hang in the pack when the going got rough!

Race Day Reconnaissance typically (of course, typically is loosely used here since it's our first one) consist of driving to the venue, and then not even taking the bike off of the car. That's RIGHT! When you learn to be a bad ass, you don't even have to ride, a skill you need to learn you worthless good-for-nothing nobody.

Post non-ride, Coach Sundgren will just simply kick your ass around the parking lot. And you'll drive home knowing that you were touched by the hand of a God - even if that hand was made into a fist to your forceps demented temple.

*Race Day Reconnaissance sessions cost $5000. Complete Rewardance athletes gain entry for $488.

* Please contact manager EABODS@SaD.com to inquire about availability. Space is limited. As a matter of fact, you probably can't even get in so don't bother.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok ok ok, I think we need to put an end to the Ben Sundgren run here. I think I got 5 messages in various forms in like 7 minutes. Why does everyone text and/or call me & Bill when this stuff happens? Like Bill said to me, I need this like I need a coffee cup full of diarrhea.

I get it. Some people don't like the idea of someone charging for a group ride. It would be great if Ken offered these for free. It would be great for anyone to offer these for free. I would love to see that and I think it would fill a huge hole in the riding community. We need more feeder outlets for people to get into the sport. Of course, free stuff is hard to give. That's why nobody does it.

At the same time I get that Ken is trying to run a business and make a living. I give him credit for trying to live the dream. So he has to do what he has to to in order to make that happen. Most of us here would love to earn enough money to ride a bike or talk about riding a bike all day.

They say that no press is bad press. So bringing attention to it is probably good for Ken. At the same time, anything in the public eye is going to be shit on in 1 form or another. As a guy who gets shit on routinely, I know this to be the case. Frankly I just don't care anymore.

I don't like to delete things because I think that's heavy-handed. And I don't want to lock this because if people have legit questions I want them to ask & for Mandi or someone to answer. So I'm just going to ask that we let this run its course and leave it alone. And if you're going to reply please keep it on topic and ask questions about the OP.

Listen, here's the thing. This is riding bikes. It's a hobby and it's supposed to be fun. Just let it be fun.

mandi

So who are we dealing with right now? TJ, or Gordon and now Monte? You guys need a day job. I mean you're both 40+ years old right? I appreciate you commenting and bringing more attention to this Workshop. You did exactly what I was hoping you would do.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I replied cause I thought it was funny, Mandi. In a sport where we all sometimes take ourselves too seriously, I sometimes like to get a chuckle. Guess a sense of humor is something that comes from being a 40+.

As for getting kicked in the nuts, joe j....
It's waaaarrrrr!!!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Alrighty, locked up. Original info still in the post and of course you can follow Ken & his coaching site on Facebook if you're interested in riding with some local pros. Or you can stalk Utah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom