Angry Erik Dainty Viking
Port Old Viscosity
Kane Morning Bell - drink this yes

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Went all @soundz Biyf on breweries in portland Maine.

Lunch at Novare res bier cafe- Oxbow tap takeover.
photo1_zps82afd0e9.jpg

photo3_zps65370b91.jpg

Oxbow rep. I think.
photo2_zps909daa6d.jpg

Then to Allagash on industrial way
photo2_zpsd7232590.jpg

photo1_zps2f3f594a.jpg

Industrial way is a target rich environment for breweries:
Foundation brewery Epiphany
photo3_zps36958f79.jpg

Bisselll Brothers Brewery
photo4_zpsf3624eed.jpg

Austin Street brewery
photo5_zps54d8caf0.jpg

photo3_zps11c5e887.jpg

Not pictured: Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout @Davids

Sebago brewery pilot brew: milk stout
photo_zps3c63531b.jpg

Boom.

jackx

Wizard's Brew, a sweet-tasting stout at some Harry Potter restaurant.

My rating: fair.

Wizard's Brew Seemed to go well with my "Toad in the hole" meal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 5

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
11140323_10206860057369824_3434273020581131072_n.jpg

The next level. This is the last of the 4-pack and have really enjoyed this powerhouse. Low carbonation, dense flavor and smooth finish that you won't find in a typical brew. Its really hard to describe this beer, nothing jumps out ...but thats the beauty of it.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
No one posts here on Mondays. I had (no flight):

- Boulevard The Calling
- Stone Imperial Mutt Brown Ale
- Kane Morning Bell

Then I put up my own chair:

4942716_EheoBa7ZkrJDvc8d6EDM0iAkVg0T4zrnbeeZAu40Jwg.jpg

Then I went home.

qclabrat

also guess no one drinks on Tuesday
working near Philly again, had 312 Goose Islands at dinner and Slyfox Odyssey Imperial IPAs from Pottstown PA
312 was nice as pre-dinner drink but not a good pairing with ribs
Slyfox was a real bummer, my first Imperial I think, found it too malty and left an unpleasant grapefruit rind taste in my mouth (might leave the remaining 4 beers as tip at the hotel)
[GALLERY=media, 500]312 goose island by qclabrat posted Apr 28, 2015 at 9:56 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 501]Slyfox odyssey imperial IPA by qclabrat posted Apr 28, 2015 at 10:00 PM[/GALLERY]

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm drinking today so is @jmanic lol. Rode mountain bicycles with @jmanic then we went to his house to let the dog pee then we hit Andy's for some beer and bad pizza next door.

Newburgh Magnanini Tripel
Boulevard Imperial Stout

As I was driving home I still felt very hungry so decided to hit my local watering hole. Ordered one of my favorites the Kane Morning Bell and I was told it should kick on the next order. So I drank the damn beer and orderes another onw but FML it didn't kick. So I just sat there contemplating life and eventually the head settled. Then since I am very smart person I asked the manager to top off my glass and as soon as he pulls the handle it kicks.

Since the Kane handle is hand made from reclaimed wood they cannot give ot away. So I get the Founders Old Curmudgeon handle.

image.jpg

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
interesting with fish? does it finish clean so as to not compete with the fish?
haven't had much oaked barrel beer, but would have thought it to be too stout
I really don't eat Sushi.. My wife does. I get the specials like beef & shrimp stuff. And it goes well ;)

The Kalmyk

TBH I started drinking and looking for new IPA'S for ten years now. As of late I just look for Stone IPA or Dogfish 90minute.

"If ones life is simple, contentment has to come."

Last edited:

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
We had Victory something Ale last night. What was that @pooriggy

Mistake, should have gone with the Goose Island.
The whole beer selection was really weak. If we walked into that bar in 1986 that beer selection would be awesome. I wanted to try the Victory because they typically make solid beers, this was marketed as their Summer Ale...refreshing served ice cold on a hot day but not much flavor.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The whole beer selection was really weak. If we walked into that bar in 1986 that beer selection would be awesome. I wanted to try the Victory because they typically make solid beers, this was marketed as their Summer Ale...refreshing served ice cold on a hot day but not much flavor.

Yea that need sucks. I've had it sitting in my beer fridge since last summer. That does it, It's getting tossed.

Top Bottom