People who can't order properly at Chipotle

Mountain Bike Mike

I do agree a homemade burger is mighty tasty...

Didn't Eddie Murphy do a skit on a kid wanting a "Mac-Don-Oh's Burga" - with the pink dough...

qclabrat

actually don't mind Smash, I though they just smashed the butter inside
most recently disappointed in Shake Shack and ROC burger

favorite home burger are Kobe-style patties from King's or A&P, really flavorful with a tab of chipotle ketchup

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
If you want the best burger in NJ. Head to Barnacle Bills in Rumson! By far the best! Oh, and order it with some bacon or pork roll(Taylor ham for you southern folk) but they may not know what that is. The cheese sauce isn't for my liking but good on the fries. I would order a burger with porkroll and crumbled blue cheese. Report back and if you didn't care for it, I'll buy it for you.

Ditto. Also the globe in red bank is pretty excellant

RobW

If I'm in a mood for some windmill on my ride home from work I'm blaming this thread!

gtluke

The Moped
I didn't like shake shack at all.
I prefer the variety at smashburger over 5 guys.
I can get a salad with a burger patty and fried egg onitand sweet potato fries. Yummy. And Not the death of a burger and fries at 5 guys.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I agree with Luke. Even if they do use butter for flavor, at least there is flavor... and it's good. I like their variety too, from the basics to specialty burgers with blue cheese crumbles and more. Rosemary fries are bangin'! I try not to eat this greasy often, but when I do, it's a welcome meal. All 3000 calories worth, or so it seems.

There's a place by where I live called Jake's Wayback. I think it's also a small corporation, but I'd rate them up there as well for flavor and their giant onion rings.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The fact that everyone has their own shitty opinion in here regarding burgers is why we have 20 different burger places. It's funny, I can go to 5-guys or Smashburger and think "damn this is a great patty" and then the next guy hates it and want's to go to wherever else. I'm not right, it's just taste bud differences. Unless they prefer McDonalds and they are a low life loser, but whatever.

Smashburger does do it right by having the variety. As we eat there way too often and I eat the salads I at least have the choice of 4 different salads and can top them with two different types of meat. 5 Guys is burger or hot dog. 25 Burgers is 3 different types of burgers with different toppings that has an 80% chance of giving you diarrhea. All of the other fancy burger places can be OK but you'll walk out feeling ripped off. Shake Shack is OK but over priced. The Bobby Flay place was kind of the same.

Smashburger and 5 guy's selling points are the burgers. It's not some fancy sauce or anything else weird. Smashburger does have the friendliest staff of any store out there. 5 guys seems to specifically hire people who must have been screaming the previous night at a concert to call out the order numbers.

-Steve

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
there is a place called Zin Burger near us that is awesome but also very expensive but still pretty awesome

Zinburger is coming to the corner of 10 and 202 in Parsippany/Morris Plains (where Chevy's was), which is right near my house. The wife and I went to the one at the Garden State Plaza to check it out, and I think we'll be there quite often once ours eventually opens. Yummy burgers and cheap wine. It's expensive compared to other burger joints, but cheap for a night out compared to other places we go to dinner.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
Zinburger is coming to the corner of 10 and 202 in Parsippany/Morris Plains (where Chevy's was), which is right near my house. The wife and I went to the one at the Garden State Plaza to check it out, and I think we'll be there quite often once ours eventually opens. Yummy burgers and cheap wine. It's expensive compared to other burger joints, but cheap for a night out compared to other places we go to dinner.
2 burgers. Couple of beers...split sole fries and if you don't have a milk shake you're cheating yourself. it adds up but it is really good

gtluke

The Moped
I was talking with @pooriggy last night. He rates his burgers on ONLY the patty as if it exists in a vacuum. Okay that's fair, but he doesn't like that I rate them with the whole plate of food. I can appreciate that he's really into the burger meat and enjoys that.
I personally really like a really grainy bun, slices of avacado, maybe some bacon (i'm not a bacon worshiper) and a plate of sweet potato fries. Iggy thinks this is a distraction to the real point of the meal, the burger itself.
So okay, we rate things differently.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Iggy is 1-dimensional. But he did say cheese was ok. Like he really is that guy who has a piece of meat on his plate, nothing else.

I mean is it a hamburger if it doesn't have bread? Isn't that just a hunk of meat?

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Iggy is 1-dimensional. But he did say cheese was ok. Like he really is that guy who has a piece of meat on his plate, nothing else.

I mean is it a hamburger if it doesn't have bread? Isn't that just a hunk of meat?

i call that bad meatloaf.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The problem I have with a place like Smashburger is they add a bunch of goodies to a burger in the hopes of making the burger taste better. IMO it does not work.

Start with a good burger and build from there my friend, don't polish a turd.

The sad thing is most people don't realize this. They are so caught up in getting the biggie fries, bacon, cheese, avacodo, tomato, lettuce, special sauce...All this crap just camouflages what you are eating.

I maintain that Bobby Flay's gets it right, they serve a tasty burger with topings that compliment the patty...not conceal it.

Top Bottom