Coach's Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Sundgren

This is a new thread for everybody who wants to be around, my awesomeness. That's right, MY AWESOMENESS. Because, let's face it. If I kick you in the nuts, what are you going to do? I mean, seriously, what are you going to do? I know what you're gonna do:

You're gonna just stand there, holding your nuts and crying like widdle baby aren't you? AREN"T YOU! And I know why, too: getting kicked in the nuts hurts! I got kicked in the nuts once in 5th grade. It really hurt. I told the playground aide and she didn't do nothing. Still shocked by that.... BUT ANYWAY:

As a coach, it's my job to punch you in the face. Cause - seriously - what would you do if I punched you in the face? HAHAHA SERIOUSLY......what are you gonna' do? Damn it, sorry. Let's get back to coaching.

As a coach, we all have to remember that we are riding our bikes in circles in the woods. And nothing, NOTHING, is as important as that. Not your family, not your friends, not your bank account, and certainly not your silly career. You hear me? NOTHING!

Because - because - when you grace that podium, when you stand on one of those steps and look around at the nine people who are still at the race - one of whom is a girlfriend who got dragged to this stupid race anyway and is freezing and can't wait to get in the car and put the heat on - and you feel that plastic trophy in your hands, you will know that you are a WARRIOR.

And, of course, as you stand there, gazing into the distance, you'll see ME. And, trust me, there is no better sight than that. I know, I get to see it every morning when I look in the mirror. Put simply: I'm awesome.

And you can be too. Contact me here if you want to leave your whimp-ass existence behind and become a TRUE WARRRRRRRRRIIIIOOORRRR. That's right, come out and play with the big boy. Come out and go old-school; come out and learn to dance WHILE the earth is turning, and give me whatever money you have left - after spending most of it on a carbon-fiber bike - and be COMPLETE.

My new business, "COMPLETE REWARDANCE" is accepting new clients now. Space is limited. Details coming.

-Ben Sundgren
(Coach Ben)

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
Are you srsly a coach? I am barely a Cat 2 racer these days and work a full time job plus do Saturdays at a LBS, but dream of 1 day bringing home Olympic Gold. Can you help?

njmark

Professional Cyclist
So, maybe its because its Monday after a long weekend and I'm not as sharp as I should be, but, is this supposed to be a serious post?

BiknBen

Norm wants to erase Lundgren and I from existence....

Ben Sundgren = Norm's sock puppet. Let's see if he moves this to the Garbage Heap.

Last edited:

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
Ummmm does he suffer from LDS?

If he kicked me in the nuts, I would rip his throat out...was that a good response?

Subscribing to this thread, need some entertainment this morning

Ben Sundgren

Hey, look here. Let's get one thing straight. In other words, let's get one thing clear. What I'm saying is, let me be perfectly understandable regarding my advice on any of the above issues:

I don't give out advice for free. Perpend.

As a matter of fact, if you want to ride with me, look at my greatness, or even get advice on racing, you gotta pay. Take, for example, the fact that just the other day I saw this poor sap in the woods, trying to hop a log. I said "hey, pull up on the bars". He did. And he got over said log. Right then and there I DEMANDED $5.00. He gave me $50 and said "keep the change".

And I mean seriously, if you want to be COMPLETE, and experience COMPLETE REWARDANCE, then it's only $500 a month; I'll even let you camp in my backyard at my ESTATE and make me eggs in the morning.

Gotta go, I'm coaching someone RIGHT NOW - he needs to ride hard today, then easy tomorrow. Then ride harder the following day, then rest a little. SHOOT, I just left some serious intellectual property out there for you fools!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom