Tour de Lake Hopatcong 2015

xc62701

I'll be there with the Bulldog train. It's my teammate that is the promoter for the event. It's always a good time(until you hit edison rd if you're doing the 40). Keep the shiny side up and have fun!

SpartaBard

I am in. I believe a few other guys will be there. This is my third year doing the ride. It is a bit hairy at the beginning, but after the first hill it settles down.

that VW guy

are you approaching this as a race or fun ride?
if the latter, hang back and let the first field take off

I'll be doing a bit of both. I'm not even close to being fast enough to actually put a good time down, but I will be pushing myself most of the way.

Schilling

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ill be there, but it more of a ride for me. Just lest the trains roll by and enjoy.

that VW guy

I'll be wearing a very plain black and white clif jersey, yellow full sleeve underneith...feel free to say hi!

Street parking ok? Or is there designated parking, its not as if there's a big lot by the start line :(

xc62701

If you're worried about parking get there early. Thee is a small lot and then street parking.

I'm hoping to hold on til Edison...

xc62701

Goal met. Held on til Edison then flatted. I at least rode it to the picturesque aid station by the lake to change it.

Schilling

Team MTBNJ Halter's
IMG_9301.jpg

look who i found @SpartaBard @Chris26er

Last edited:

that VW guy

I finished, I managed a 2:28 time (I think). My legs had enough during the Weldon climb and crawled back to the finish. At one point I thought I had taken a wrong turn as I ran Intl a train of riders at an intersection. I got all sorts of pissed off until I got home and realized I went the right way!

Saw a bunch of you in the mtbnj kits but was too shy to say hi (and I was really nervous for the ride too). I was riding behind one of you for a short period of time before the 20/40 mile split

Schilling

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Saw a bunch of you in the mtbnj kits but was too shy to say hi (and I was really nervous for the ride too). I was riding behind one of you for a short period of time before the 20/40 mile split

wasn't it a great day for bikes!
there's no need to be shy. we put our kits on one leg at a time just like you, so come up and say hi. i enjoy meeting people and being able to put face to avatars. btw my face is the one on the right.

Top Bottom