Generic Pro Road Cycling Thread

There was a study released by the University of Oslo in 2014 about the lasting effects of doping (here for Velosnooze's take, here for the BBC's). Valverde should grace the cover when it's re-issued. I give up.

Compared to last few editions it doesn't seem like there has been a whole lot of excitement for the Giro this year

Compared to last few editions it doesn't seem like there has been a whole lot of excitement for the Giro this year
Sounds like you missed the giro tour double hype?

However, last year the giro did a ton of advertising, which did seem to be less this year.

What media outlets do you use? Cycling news and global cycling network have been all giro the last week.
Mostly hit up velonews. Seems like the spring classics got a lot more attention. Way more storiesabout Flanders, roubaix etc and the new wave of up and comers in the classics. After all the stories about contador and nibali going after the giro/tour double I thought there would be more hype going into this weekend

I think this might be a good'n, even though, yeah, the mags haven't been able to build up much rivalry stream 'cause everyone's been SO streaky this year. Check out Podiumcafe.com for some articulate polemica.

I also think people were reluctant to accept the giro/tour double so it was hard to create that rivalry. So take that away and we have Contador and Porte and english speaking reports dont interview Contador and Porte is a about exciting as a piece of burnt toast.

Totally missed this one: Aicar (use the cc button for subtitles)
Here's mebbe why Carlos Betancur's weight gain and loss has been such a mystery?

Wow, looks like we actually have a race in the TOC for once. Can Sagan pull it out or will the leader ride cav's wheel to the GC win?

The ONE day I don't watch. Lovin' Alaphilippe. Not impressed by the scenery. Yesterday's TT was a low-water mark for bike racing. Six Flags parking lot. Pasadena should be a fine finish at least.

First time in a while this race has been a nail biter. Hope it keeps Tinkoff interested enough in his "toy" to give the team a bit of continuity. Cycling's reliance on rich guys to fund teams can be tough when they get bored. (Or, as in Tinkoff's case, when they find out that being the DS is more than just undercutting their riders on twitter.)

Back
Top Bottom