Car-spotting thread

? whats weird about that? I see plows on jeeps all the time.

the jeeps are Solid Front axle, the new 1/2 tons are independent front suspension, they dont last long under the extra weight and abuse of a plow. At least based on what i read on the forums

Seen at the medical center today where I’m pretty sure there’s a bunch of orthopedic surgeons. 🤪

Also the Pepto Bismol Hyundai but after looking again it seems to have cat ears on the roof so maybe Hello Kitty edition ?

IMG_4792.jpegIMG_4791.jpeg

I don't think the front "axle" is rated for the extra weight on most independent front suspensions
the jeeps are Solid Front axle, the new 1/2 tons are independent front suspension, they dont last long under the extra weight and abuse of a plow. At least based on what i read on the forums
eh, I think that is too general of a statement.....you are adding weight to you suspension....same as having a heavier person ride you're bike....if needed, you add more "spring" Be it air, or bigger coils, etc. I don't think there is anything about an IFS system that makes it worse with a plow.....All GM trucks thru 3500s are IFS, I see plenty of them with plows. Although Its probably cheaper modify a solid axle F350 to deal with the extra weight of a plow, than say a chevy 3500 with IFS.

You have no idea of the guy's use case. He may have bought a cheap used plow and just does his long driveway with it, not making money on the side plowing shopping malls.

Or the truck is a lease or company supplied vehicle...

eh, I think that is too general of a statement.....you are adding weight to you suspension....same as having a heavier person ride you're bike....if needed, you add more "spring" Be it air, or bigger coils, etc. I don't think there is anything about an IFS system that makes it worse with a plow.....All GM trucks thru 3500s are IFS, I see plenty of them with plows. Although Its probably cheaper modify a solid axle F350 to deal with the extra weight of a plow, than say a chevy 3500 with IFS.
i mean sure, its a general statement, and i havnt tried it myself so its all hearsay (ill admit that) but its still odd/weird/unusual to see anything smaller than 250/2500 with a plow, at least in nj

Back
Top Bottom