Tuesday Night beginner Ride 2014

as long as we don't get dumped on we are on will post up by 4pm if that changes..

Hey all. New hear and was recommended by a friend. Me and my fiance would like to ride at Allaire since we are in Ocean co. Only problem is I work nights. Are there any other rides besides Tuesday nights?

I usually ride at allaire a couple times a week in the morning around 9 or 10. Usually a short ride, hour to hour and a half. Small group, me and the spouse, and maybe one other will tag along sometimes.

If you are on facebook, look up mountain bikers of monmouth county, my friend runs it, we usually ride either hartshorne or allaire. We post up weekly rides that anyone can join, typically it's a moderate pace avg of 10mph

10 mph is really fast, and way faster than the Tuesday night beginner ride.

I'll be at Allaire later this afternoon and you are welcome to join me.

Hey all. New hear and was recommended by a friend. Me and my fiance would like to ride at Allaire since we are in Ocean co. Only problem is I work nights. Are there any other rides besides Tuesday nights?
Hey NJbiking 28,
Wife and I ride Allaire all the time. Its our local go to spot. We are also in Ocean Co.(Toms River) We would be happy to ride with you and show you what we know of Allaire. The Tuesday nite ride is also a great way to learn the park.
We were there yesterday on the big Green tandem. As a word of warning, if age matters we are an older couple @ 61 and 62. It don't matter to us.:D
Ed and Pat Gifford
the Snot Rocket tandem

Hey NJbiking 28,
Wife and I ride Allaire all the time. Its our local go to spot. We are also in Ocean Co.(Toms River) We would be happy to ride with you and show you what we know of Allaire. The Tuesday nite ride is also a great way to learn the park.
We were there yesterday on the big Green tandem. As a word of warning, if age matters we are an older couple @ 61 and 62. It don't matter to us.:D
Ed and Pat Gifford
the Snot Rocket tandem
Thanks. Age does not matter we are 28 and 24 lol and we are also from TR

Last edited:
I will PM you my email and elt us know when you would like to go. A Couple of close places to ride in the winter(not now) are Jakes Branch off of Double Trouble Rd and Wells Mills Park a little farther south.
Ed and Pat

Hey NJbiking28,
If you and your wife are interested in an early ride I hit the park Saturday and Sunday let me know I can show you around. Also this Sunday we have a TM session and we ride after that as well for the TM we meet at 8 am in the hospital road lot and we work for a few hours then go out for a easy paced ride . Mike
I drive a black TJ with JORBA stickers on it if you see it and me in the lot say hello I ride after work as well...

Hey NJbiking28,
If you and your wife are interested in an early ride I hit the park Saturday and Sunday let me know I can show you around. Also this Sunday we have a TM session and we ride after that as well for the TM we meet at 8 am in the hospital road lot and we work for a few hours then go out for a easy paced ride . Mike
I drive a black TJ with JORBA stickers on it if you see it and me in the lot say hello I ride after work as well...
Thanks Mike, we would definitely like to join however we will be out if the state this weekend for a family event. But we'll take a rain check

Has anyone thought about a group chat on the app zello? Zello is a walkie talkie app. It works well. Might be cool to have, see who's out there on the trails or whos riding.

We are social media and elctronic gadget challenged... Old people, you know....
The closest we come is Maprika for the smart phone.
Ed and Pat
tSRt

great ride tonight 17 people came on out to ride in the woods we kept a good pace got in close to 8 miles in...

yet another great night out on the trails ran into some cool people plus it was good to see Kenny back on the bike..see everybody next Tuesday :)

Looks like it is going to be perfect for the ride tonight almost starting to wind down...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions