Allamuchy lumpy bumpy

roc

Does anyone know how far lumpy bumpy is from the Jefferson lake trail head?

Looking at the map, should I go left to right or right to left. Heading over there at 9am.

pxs231

If you are simply trying to get to lumpy, the fastest/easiest way is to park by the yellow get on cranberry ledge road. From there within 15 minutes and some climbing you will find it. Lumpy is the squiggly trail on the peak very close to the edge of cranberry lake, if you didn't know that already.
From the Jefferson lake trailhead I'd take the red clockwise and once you come down the backside of the mountain I would take one of the two unblazed lefts to get to the bottom of the valley where the big creek that dumps into the cranberry lake is. Then you take the bridge on the white trail and instead of climbing the white (four bumps) take the first right after the bridge, or take the next bridge that's covered with chicken wire and climb out of the valley for ten minutes. Definitely have a map with you or leave yourself plenty time, because there are many trail branches around there.

roc

Thanks

I usually park by Waterloo road, I will try to follow your directions from there.

Rob

roc

Lumpy bumpy, holy sh*t. That is some ridiculous terrain! I almost, just about, didn't have to put a foot down, for the first ten feet!

Top Bottom