Allaire trail maintenance dates.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
All,
we got our dates approved for this year I think they are all on Sunday Someone already found the first one was on Easter so we moved that off a week... :D

4-12
5-3
6-7
7-12
8-2
9-6
10-4
11-8 End of season BBQ

As always we meet at 8am in the hospital road lot and work until noonish
then go for a relaxed ride.
Make sure to bring water and a sense of humor we supply tools.
If you are staying for the ride you will need a helmet and of course a bike...

DigDug

Are you looking for "experienced" help for these sessions, or can anyone join in (and be helpful)?

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
Mid week reminder.... this Sunday at 8 am in the hospital road lot we meet for the first trail session....
as has been said before "All are welcome to dig... dug."
The only thing you will be forced to do is listen to the COD talk which has been handed down through the ages from one trail steward to another....
Oh and we all need to sign fresh waivers for the new season..

DigDug

All are welcome to dig... dug.

Ah... good one! I guess I set myself up for that one. I'm pretty sure I can make it this Sunday, so count me in.

Thanks to all those who have put in time to keep trails open, not only at Allaire but all over NJ. As of a month or two ago I honestly had no idea how many trails there were here in NJ. And I'm VERY thankful for the years of trail maintenance that have allowed me to get back into mountain biking so quickly. I've actually never ridden at Allaire, but it's only 20 min. from my house, so I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time there over the next months/years. So helping with this is the least I can do. Thanks again!

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
Most of the trail systems in NJ and a lot of other states are almost all volunteer maintained. There is a lot of good karma,satisfaction and fun to be had by working on the trails. You are close to Mercer as well that is another fun place to ride. watch for the posts about trail sessions dow there also...

DigDug

You are close to Mercer as well that is another fun place to ride. watch for the posts about trail sessions dow there also...

I'll definitely keep an eye out for Mercer maintenance. I actually went to Mercer for the first time yesterday. It was fun, lots of twisty trails, at least the part that I did. Hoping to go again tomorrow.

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
Mid week reminder.... this Sunday at 8 am in the hospital road lot we meet for the first trail session....

Pretty sure I will be coming, but unfortunately I can stay only an hour. Must leave the lot by 9. Sure wish you would do Saturday or sunday afternoon TM :(

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
Pretty sure I will be coming, but unfortunately I can stay only an hour. Must leave the lot by 9. Sure wish you would do Saturday or sunday afternoon TM :(
Mr AM changed my plans. He said I have to leave by 8. He needs van to pick up grandkids for church. Its a good cause.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Looking forward to getting back to work on the trails. I hope we get a good sized crew to get things in shape after a harsh winter.

njmark

Professional Cyclist
I'm running late and I may miss you all when you head out, any idea where you'll be working today?

Johnny Utah

Solid time today with a great ride afterwards (including an over the bars moment by yours truly!).

Thanks all!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions