Allaire Conditions

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
It makes me lol seeing all of the ice-bound guys gush over Wharton this time of year. Its a gem for sure, but living so close to it has really given me a love-hate relationship with the place.

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
went to allaire yesterday morning. Made first tracks! Other than rabbit and deer. And a hiker.

Snow gave very little traction, except where it drifted deep enough, but where the snow was thin, and there was ice underneath...well...it was very slippery and since the snow was so light and fluffy it didnt really help much. But it was still a fun ride. A few body splats but at that slow speed and fluffy snow it was all good.

***** lost it on the "Ridge trail" and yup, slid on his butt all the way to the bottom. Where's a go-pro when you need one?

Sandman98

Allaire was rideable. 2" of packed snow and theres ice underneath on some spots. Weather channel says 15degrees but feels like 40 when youre moving. Go get some!

bobkennelly

SNOWING AGAIN NOW...now what? I wanted to go there later this morning...don't know now...might have to go back to Hartshorn in boots and hoof it for a while..

SmooveP

Allaire was super primo this afternoon on the fat bike. Just the right amount of snow, and traction was good. Get some!

Mrdlegend

Thanks for laying down a couple tracks. Rode there before dark with spikes on the upper flat trails and wasn't too bad. I think regular (non fat bike) tires would be rideable in most areas as any ice below is pretty much covered by packed snow

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, I laid down XC ski tracks before dark. Snow is fine for all mtb tires. If it were 50 degrees the lot would have been packed(saw one other truck in lot), not sure why everyone hides in the cold/snow.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Most trails have a good 30 inch wide packed center. Hit Tiger with Greg on Fat bikes and laid some first tracks in the beginning and end. It was a slow but doable.

Last edited:

MMuller

Hmm, did I miss primo Allaire snow riding conditions? I rode over to Shark River Park and it was really nice, packed single track (of what the park has). The fire roads were a bit dicey though, like they were rivers of ice before last snow. All in all though really nice little ride. Temp was comfy too. Heavy rain expected for tonight. Lets see what happens to the trails with this weekend's weather event.

Last edited:

Johnny Utah

Trails were quite solid today, the more popular trails were almost like hardpack....solid conditions, but that will be short lived. Snow is falling now, the ice layer is still underneath.

Lets see what we have in store for tomorrow.

Mrdlegend

Mitch- I was the one on the Cannondale 29er that ran across you out on the trail (was with 2 others) then again when leaving in he lot :)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions