6 Mile Run Conditions

Tonggi

6 mile really a 3/4 rating right now? That is hard and not hard to believe. Ive been going to a few trails and they have all been good to go (dry) and if this is the case for 6 mile I'd love to go today after work.

Deamon59

Rode from 27 on red and orange and back to the lot. conditions are good. red is a little rutted and dry, but orange is perfect and tacky.

Tonggi

I was there today. Started on 27. Red - Orange - Red to Canal, red to white, white to red, red to red to 27. 2 places I had to walk the bike. Everywhere else was perfect. Very tacky and fast dirt. Not as rutted out as I was expecting it to be. THe turns in orange were smoothed over, no deep ruts were seen that would impede turning.

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
anyone know how much rain 6M got today? good for tomorrow morning?

forget it, going elsewhere :(

Last edited:

Tonggi

anyone know how much rain 6M got today? good for tomorrow morning?

forget it, going elsewhere :(

It was fairly dry yesterday. The rain today didn't seem like much. I'm sure by tomorrow morning it will be ok. Not muddy but may a little bit more tackier.

I'm surprised Six Mile is in better shape than Chimney Rock.

rmap01

Here is a side view of the bridge we put it today. This new section is only rough cut, but since we closed down the old route it is bound to get worn in quickly. It needs some serious bench cutting in spots. We will attack this on a trail day in a few weeks.
View attachment 20455

Rode yesterday. For the most part the trails were in excellent condition... very tacky and fast. Two areas on Red that have some puddling and one area by the power lines that's very soft. Loved what you guys did with the re-route on Blue!

rick81721

Lothar
Solid 4.0. No mud at all and if anything it is starting to dust in the fields already. Jay did a great job on the new blue extension, I was totally caught off guard by that roller. Did a nice welcome back to dirt header on a loose log pile after a ridiculously long wait to cross s. middlebush (that place really needs a bridge for us rush hour riders). Lots of riders and hikers out there.

rick81721

Lothar
Yeah that was weird - taking red from white towards canal road, at the next to the last smaller roller all these flags are around the trail and I thought more new trail was being mapped out. But instead there's a clearing going down to the creek - looks like drainage of some sort.

PS with the new trail extension on blue I created a new strava full loop segment from canal road - blue, red, orange, red to 27 lot, back to orange, red, white, red to canal road. Since only three people have ridden it so far - I'm number 3 - yay me. Alex K is KOM at the moment

ekuhn

Was nice to get back into six mile tonight. Nice and dry minus a few small spots. New blue section was awesome was caught off guard by the dippy doo. Once it gets packed in it will be primo. Few other spots got some work too. Mucho props to jay and the mid week TM crew.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
There is a clean-up effort going on - probably a follow-on to that dumping sting - that and the metal recycle peeps.

qclabrat

okay, think I got it
start at canal lot down to 27, and on the way back swing down to the Jacques Lane lot
no way I'd do that in under 2 hrs moving time

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions