6 Mile Run Conditions

Snow I n the shade and standing water all over. Peanut butter mud all over.

Saw people unloading bikes to go out.
These conditions are far from fun on a bike and even treacherous on foot.

3 weeks at the earliest is my bet for dry ground.

Don't make the drive. It is NOT ready.

I did some pruning and drainage work today. Hope to run a big spring cleanup in a week or two.

its not ready for the bigtime. its improving, but not ready IMO. parts are, but definitely not the whole thing. i wouldn't ride it personally, people obviously did, and i was surprised to see they weren't a muddy disaster. this was the canal side.

Its suppose to rain tmw night. I doubt it will be good. That place is a mud pit but I havent been there since the ground is frozen so not sure what the shape is now but man some areas that didnt have snow looked terrible. Ill probably wait it out. Not gonna argue tearing up the trail since it happens anyway, but riding in that much mud isn't even fun (to me anyway)

It actually has gotten a bit worse this week. I have been doing some digging and there is a melting, frozen layer about 2 inches down that continues to melt and soak the trail tread.

Fri will be a rain day and I am sure tones of people will be out on sat.

Mudfest!

Was over at 6MR today for some impromptu TM. Getting close, the wind has dried the fields, but
still just on the soft side in the woods. Gave it a 3 - but without any more rain, this weekend could
move it to green.

Oh - you want to know more about the TM? Well, it was a re-route of blue at the short bridge with
the climb just after it. The bridge is gone, the trail now heads towards blackwells mill road, jumps over
the stream up there, and comes back - probably added a bit more than 1/4 mile and 20' of elevation :)chuckle:)

2015-04-08 10.33.00 HDR.jpg 2015-04-08 11.40.19.jpg 2015-04-08 11.13.03.jpg
2015-04-08 11.40.19.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions