6 Mile Run Conditions

Gnarles

Just curious if anyone knows if the tow path near six mile is rideable, I haven't been on a bike in a WHILE and just want to start getting my legs back.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Rode from Jaques Lane parking lot (white) to the 27 lot. From 27 to Orange is unrideable w/out studs. Orange - Red to middlebush is packed perfectly for fatbikes, skinny tires will totally f this up.

Middlebush to Jaques lane starts out ok but gets progressively worse as you get near the field. The last mile to the parking lot keeps you on your toes... Or you'll end up on your a$$.

RobW

Rode from Jaques Lane parking lot (white) to the 27 lot. From 27 to Orange is unrideable w/out studs. Orange - Red to middlebush is packed perfectly for fatbikes, skinny tires will totally f this up.

Middlebush to Jaques lane starts out ok but gets progressively worse as you get near the field. The last mile to the parking lot keeps you on your toes... Or you'll end up on your a$$.

Jacques parking lot will too. ;). Ice rink

Supermoto

I rode white to blue back to Jaques lane parking lot
White has a lot of very low branches covered with snow. made for some tough going.
6MR2-L.jpg

Blue wasn't to bad, A lot of it was untouched until I got past the fields. Then the hikers and skiers were really starting to make it worse

6MR1-L.jpg

The snow was deep enough that my boots were skimming the top layer as I pedaled

6MR3-L.jpg

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
I rode white to blue back to Jaques lane parking lot
White has a lot of very low branches covered with snow. made for some tough going.
6MR2-L.jpg

Blue wasn't to bad, A lot of it was untouched until I got past the fields. Then the hikers and skiers were really starting to make it worse

6MR1-L.jpg

The snow was deep enough that my boots were skimming the top layer as I pedaled

6MR3-L.jpg
Ah, those were your tracks I was following today, thanks!

Made for some very odd tracks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 151

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
I rode every inch of it over last Saturday & Sunday (while we still had a decent snow base). No way it's ALL clear of snow, but several patches will no doubt be.

For the new folks;
This park should not be ridden now!

The ground is totally saturated and will be for a while. Clay soil parks like six mile do not drain well, as a result are VERY vulnerable to damage if ridden before they dry out.

Please give the park some time to recover before hitting it.

It'll save the trail, save your drivetrain and possible save yourself from a nasty slip and crash injury.

Thx,

Dan

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I rode every inch of it over last Saturday & Sunday (while we still had a decent snow base). No way it's ALL clear of snow, but several patches will no doubt be.

For the new folks;
This park should not be ridden now!

The ground is totally saturated and will be for a while. Clay soil parks like six mile do not drain well, as a result are VERY vulnerable to damage if ridden before they dry out.

Please give the park some time to recover before hitting it.

It'll save the trail, save your drivetrain and possible save yourself from a nasty slip and crash injury.

Thx,

Dan

Dan is spot on here. There is no good reason to enter this park by bike and maybe even by foot for at least a month.

For those who don't know this is not a joke

Your bike will be coated with mud. Not painted on mud, I mean coated, like 50lbs worth. This will certainly damage your bike and cost you money. (At minimum, increase wear on your drivetrain)

As for the damage to the trails, it should be obvious that the clay soil here is basically slick as creamy peanut butter. Riding your bike (or fat bike) here will dig up the trail tread and leave ruts that will dry solid in a few weeks.

This isn't my opinion. Pure facts. Don't be THAT guy.

jumpa

any pre season trail work to be done? seeing as how 6m was my gateway trail(drug) into mountain biking, at the least i (and all my friends) owe it that much

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions