6 Mile Run Conditions

that VW guy

Six mile is nothing but ice. Literally. It appears to be pretty thick too, so Six Mile is definitely out of the question for a while.

alex_k

I rode yesterday and today. The conditions have greatly improved since yesterday. There was snow over the ice yesterday but today 95% is ok, the rest is still ice. Somehow a thin layer of packed snow stuck to the ice after just 3 fat bikers rode most of the trails yesterday. The 27 side is better today.

It should be good for fat tires.

alex_k

Planning on going tomorrow on fat tires with studs. Any updates on conditions?

I was there yesterday. 27 site is primo, I never saw better winter conditions, very smooth, well packed by fat tires (including my). Maybe a bit of ice in some tight turns. The Canal site is rutted by foot traffic and skinny tires, big icy patches in the fields. Please do not skip the WHITE trail, it needs to be better packed!

Last edited:

goodvibe

Thanks for the info Alex. Rode today. It was pretty good. Rode every trail and white twice just to make sure it was good for your next ride. I don't know if it will help you out, because my tracks were gone on the way back because of all of the snow.
10488252_928638723847089_5469703168209557223_n.jpg

16516_928638733847088_9098050973072203941_n.jpg

Tonggi

I rode red orange to red. By the time I doubled back on red my trails were gone. Still decent conditions though for sure!

alex_k

Rode from 27 to Middlebush rd. The section from the trail head to the power line is in terrible conditions because of frozen foot/tire tracks. The rest will be good to the end of week.

SS_Dave

I may try today. Is it super rutted out? In other words is it 29er friendly? Looks like we had a decent melt yesterday.

Tonggi

Ok well orange is the best. I went from 27 red to orange to red back on orange. Red out to middlebush is bad. Someone with a skinny destroyed the trail. Red back to 27 is unpacked in most areas with tons of frozen foot tracks. Orange was nicely packed with a small later of snow. Minimal ice. Red after orange and red meet back to 27 is icey,rutted some wet spots and tons of foot marks. I'd go and do orange over and over.

And its creepy in the dark alone in the cold at 6mile. Not gonna lie

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions