1 hour easy loop at 6 mile?

phillychris498

Hey guys, I need a loop at 6 mile that is relatively easy and lasts about an hour or an hour and a half max, as I am taking my younger cousins riding next monday. Any recommendations are appreciated. Thanks!:D

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
stick with the canal side, do blue to red. if you are still excited and want to ride more, dip onto white as it offers more single track, jump back onto red, back to the car.

if you are pooped, you can just take the straight shot back on red. I went with a noobie friend last week and we did the straight shot back (blue to red) in 1:07 elapsed. If you are really flying, you can do blue/red trail in 22 minutes.

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
from rt 27 lot, either take the trail on the left as you head out of the lot: take the red trail (you will need to make a left turn at the first intersection), then just after the log pile that is next to the river, take a right and you will do the twisties on the way back. OR go across the soccerr field by the lot and enter there, at the bottom of the shale hill, turn right and go straight up the hill, dont turn left by the log pile, when you get to the field, turn left again. Follow it and keep a sharp eye out for a left turn. This will bring you to the twisties, make another left and then a right and you will be n the red trail (and avoid the beginning part of red which can be scary to a beginner).

Sorry, no gps for ya, but I would be willing to show you :)
what time ya riding on Monday?

Last edited:

phillychris498

stick with the canal side, do blue to red. if you are still excited and want to ride more, dip onto white as it offers more single track, jump back onto red, back to the car.

if you are pooped, you can just take the straight shot back on red. I went with a noobie friend last week and we did the straight shot back (blue to red) in 1:07 elapsed. If you are really flying, you can do blue/red trail in 22 minutes.

Thats the loop I was thinking of. You're saying that I should go blue to red and ride blue the other way all the way back? Or just take the road there?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Thats the loop I was thinking of. You're saying that I should go blue to red and ride blue the other way all the way back? Or just take the road there?

We would never tell you to take the closed part of the red trail, as that nicely completes the loop almost back to the canal side parking lot just on the other side of the six mile run stream, so no need to take blue back.

I Ride Bikes

Just a suggestion. I think a noob might like that loop better in reverse. I think white and red have less steep climbs going counter clockwise. I guess it depends on there skill and endurance level.

I Ride Bikes

There are climbs at 6M? :hmmm:

For a noob there are def repetitive climbs on white that could be tough for them. Every time I take a beginner there they seem to have the toughest time on white after the first few hills. It flows much better in reverse.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
that map does not have the red trail back to the lot.

i ride bikes has a point, it would be a little more fun if you did go the other way, but hitting red and the real steep "six mile tech" stuff right away may be a mojo killer ;)

phillychris498

that map does not have the red trail back to the lot.

i ride bikes has a point, it would be a little more fun if you did go the other way, but hitting red and the real steep "six mile tech" stuff right away may be a mojo killer ;)

Okay, that's what I wasn't understanding. Thanks for the help, and I'll definitely ride the trail blue to red to white to red, they wouldn't like riding the hard stuff first. Again, they haven't ridden singletrack before.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
you could also take the road back from the jacques lane lot (where white ends) to prevent or avoid mental meltdowns.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions