2015 gravity season

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So a new season is upon us, where will you be riding or racing?

taking a different approach this year instead of the MC season passes. Want to hit as many parks with my son as possible this year so I am giving this a go.
http://mtbparks.com/pass
seems to fit the bill plus after I use my 1 free at Creek I still get 50% off lift tickets.

White Face and tour of Vermont for sure. Would love to get back down to Snowshoe, been long time.

So got any plans yet, Whos going to Whistler? Bromont? My boy wants me to just take the summer off and become a downhill bum, kids today...

Well, I have passes to MC and Blue. Ill be at MC but i won the Blue pass in a raffle. Im also make at least one trip to Highlands. Gotta check that place out.

Got a new GT Fury in the basement screaming at me. I'll also be trying to get my 12 year old into it. Hopeful!

@BiknBen it was easier get the boy doing this then x/c. Will road trip it to highlands for sure. My boy loves that place...

Dave and I are ready. He's talking about picking up a season pass to Creek. I'll show him the info for that parks pass and see what he thinks.

I'll be doing the MCBP pass again. The JORBA discount really makes it a no-brainer.
I usually squeeze in a trip or two to Blue, Platty and a weekend at Highland.
Just serviced my Boxxer and I'm set to rip.

I'm going to be riding as many parks as possible this summer. What's this JORBA MCBP discount I hear of?

JORBA members get $5 off a day pass at MCBP or 15% off the cost of a season pass.

Just submitted my list for the rest of the bits I need to build my 951 EVO: Dorado, ADD wheels, Prime Pro brakes... few other bits (we have a Hayes Group grassroots deal). Can't wait to get it built up.

That is great news! Gravity logic has been busy in the east coast as they been building at another new upstart Berkshire East resort in western Mass....

[QUOTE="So got any plans yet, Whos going to Whistler? Bromont? My boy wants me to just take the summer off and become a downhill bum, kids today...[/QUOTE]

Whistler?

Six days, five nights, with your bike for under $2k...........PM me for more info.

And that is 5* hotel, meals, beers.....the full show.

3 of us are going to Whistler July 6-11. Westin hotel, Using Philippine Airline (free bike luggage) Bought the 3 day pass and will be also going to Coast for one day.

I cant wait for this season to start! Def want to travel to more parks if MTBNJ guys want to have a group meet up. Probably will get Creek pass. But def want to hit up Highlands, Blue, Platty and Windham at least once. Luckily i hit up Launch last year on their closing weekend.

You should be up there just as soon as the second half of the mountain is opening. It is magical. The Westin is a solid choice! Renting a car or taking the airport shuttle?

Coast Bike Park looks solid, are you going by ferry or plane to get over there?

Three days goes FAST at Whistler......too much fun.

If you are getting a Creek pass, join JORBA, saves you 15%.

Play up at Highland before Whistler, trails like A-Line, Crank it Up, Freight Train, Blue Velvet are all jumps, so it pays to be ready to hit them (if you are not already).

You should be up there just as soon as the second half of the mountain is opening. It is magical. The Westin is a solid choice! Renting a car or taking the airport shuttle?

Coast Bike Park looks solid, are you going by ferry or plane to get over there?

Three days goes FAST at Whistler......too much fun.

If you are getting a Creek pass, join JORBA, saves you 15%.

Play up at Highland before Whistler, trails like A-Line, Crank it Up, Freight Train, Blue Velvet are all jumps, so it pays to be ready to hit them (if you are not already).

Johnny UTah thank you for the advice. Will definitely think that. And if I do Jorba which membership do I need? Is the 15% off hte preseason pass?

If I do this right. THe Jorba membership is $25

310-15% = $264.35 which is $21 savings and $ going to a good cause. I will def do that.

As for the car/shuttle. That is one part of the trip we have not ironed out yet. What would you recommend? 2-4 of us? At least 2. Maybe 3. Possibly 4 but not likely. Should a car be better? But we woudl need a big car. also the cost of parking at the place is pricey I heard.

As for Coast. There is a shuttle from Whistler to the bike park that is offered. According to their site.

Id like to make a trip to Highland but time is the limiting factor. Id like to go June before heading out so hopefully that would be a good time to be up there without it being too crowded.

Midweek at highlands is like owning very own bike park. Last year we never left the lot, totally bike bummed iT. Food beer campfire and awesome riding what more can you ask for...

Midweek at highlands is like owning very own bike park. Last year we never left the lot, totally bike bummed iT. Food beer campfire and awesome riding what more can you ask for...
You guys camped on the lot? They have bathrooms? Id be up for a mid week trip. Id have to just plan ahead. I prefer no people but at least someone there to ride with. Thats why I like creek. Even on a weekend its NOT busy on the mountain.

Only down side to Highlands is the lift which on a weekends can be a bit frustrating coming from creek which is best around. Yes bathrooms during open hours only. yes many people camp in the lot. I plan to hit the park once with wife after kingdom and burke then again with my son later in the season...

Johnny UTah thank you for the advice. Will definitely think that. And if I do Jorba which membership do I need? Is the 15% off hte preseason pass?

If I do this right. THe Jorba membership is $25

310-15% = $264.35 which is $21 savings and $ going to a good cause. I will def do that.

As for the car/shuttle. That is one part of the trip we have not ironed out yet. What would you recommend? 2-4 of us? At least 2. Maybe 3. Possibly 4 but not likely. Should a car be better? But we woudl need a big car. also the cost of parking at the place is pricey I heard.

As for Coast. There is a shuttle from Whistler to the bike park that is offered. According to their site.

Id like to make a trip to Highland but time is the limiting factor. Id like to go June before heading out so hopefully that would be a good time to be up there without it being too crowded.

I am sure the JORBA folks will be more than happy with $25, but if you want to do a larger donation, that would make them happy too.

For the car, this is the way to go. Service was on time, both drivers rode and we had an awesome discussion. The drive up from Vancouver is gorgeous. Vans were clean, and they can take a boxed bike. We drove in a Dodge Sprinter each way.

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/re...ort-Transfers/mg_129/v_3938/Ridebooker.detail

The shuttles run at all times, they pickd us up last summer for the airport at 5AM so we could get an early flight out of Vancouver.

I haven't been to Coast, but I can tell you I barely touched Whistler in five days, there was a ton more left to ride, and I was doing 8+ hrs a day on the bike without partying at night. I hit all of the DH trails in four days, but didn't touch any of the xc/am trails.

You should be fine for Highland in June, especially later in the month, May and early June can be wet at Highland.

Back
Top Bottom