New Member from CNJ

ADKmike

Been lurking here and over on mtbr.com forums...finally signed up. Getting into mountain biking, currently an avid skier and want something "mountain" related for the off-season and to keep legs in shape for ski season. Just picked up a 2015 Diamondback Overdrive Comp 29er. Spend alot of time in the Adirondaks in winter, hoping to get up there to do some mountain biking as well. Looking to mainly familiarize myself with the offerings in the Central NJ area (I'm in Eatontown) particularly Hartshorne/Allaire as they are closest to me.

Looking forward to hitting the trails, and hopefully meeting some cool people to ride with...two buddies of mine have descent bikes so I'll see how much I can get them out there as well....

-Mike

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Welcome! There is a tues night beginner ride at Alaire starting soon. It is a lot of fun and is a no drop ride. Great place to meet lots of people.

Dominique

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome to the site! Lots of good info here. There's a beginner's ride this Saturday at Allaire as well.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome! Saturday's beginner ride at Allaire would be a good place to start connecting with peeps.

Schilling

Team MTBNJ Halter's
welcome aboard.
have you ever heard of this place called allaire?
be sure to check out the trail directory and conditions. lots of good info there, and don't be afraid to post up any questions.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Welcome Aboard, I heard the trails at allaire are pretty good and if you bring a sense of humor the Tuesday night beginner rides are fun.

ADKmike

Thanks guys - can't make the ride this Saturday, but will get out there soon. Are the group rides a weekly thing on Tuesdays?

I just assembled and still need to tune the bike, and pick up a helmet as well - any local suggestions for a good deal on one (who may have a clearance or sale going on.)

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
welcome! as a fellow lover of the daks i can say that 1. I am loving the long winter they are having this year and 2. the MTB trails are pretty good up there. pick up a MTB trail map set at the mountaineer or high peaks cyclery. theres a surprising amount of quality singletrack.

ADKmike

welcome! as a fellow lover of the daks i can say that 1. I am loving the long winter they are having this year and 2. the MTB trails are pretty good up there. pick up a MTB trail map set at the mountaineer or high peaks cyclery. theres a surprising amount of quality singletrack.

Absolutely - I was just up there skiing the slides this past weekend on fresh snow.

The MTB trails are getting better and better up there - I'm part of another forum that's mainly ADK skiing related, but has a MTB section as well and I'm fairly in tune to what's going on up there with the mountain bike trails. And it looks good.

FYI: http://www.barkeatertrails.org/

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
whiteface slides or backcountry?

I snowboarded the SE slide on Colden a few weeks back. heading up to whiteface on saturday. looks like it might be a powderday

ADKmike

whiteface slides or backcountry?

I snowboarded the SE slide on Colden a few weeks back. heading up to whiteface on saturday. looks like it might be a powderday

Sidecountry - WF Slides. Don't have a AT setup.....yet....
You on nyskiblog.com?

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
dont really post there. I check ADK forums sometimes. Ive gotten hounded by some uptight backcountry skiers in the past for "talking too much" or wanting to learn about backcountry routes or conditions. people are too uptight about some of that IMO

thegock

Been lurking here and over on mtbr.com forums...finally signed up. Getting into mountain biking, currently an avid skier and want something "mountain" related for the off-season and to keep legs in shape for ski season. Just picked up a 2015 Diamondback Overdrive Comp 29er. Spend alot of time in the Adirondaks in winter, hoping to get up there to do some mountain biking as well. Looking to mainly familiarize myself with the offerings in the Central NJ area (I'm in Eatontown) particularly Hartshorne/Allaire as they are closest to me.

Looking forward to hitting the trails, and hopefully meeting some cool people to ride with...two buddies of mine have descent bikes so I'll see how much I can get them out there as well....

-Mike

Nice whip, Mike!!

Get up to Chimney Rock sometime, which is just a couple of miles off 287 in Bridgewater. Try out the Diamondback on steep rocks. Parking lot on Newman Springs lane is where most MTBNJs hang.

Did you ever get up to the SMBA trails behind Skidmore in Saratoga Springs up there?

Welcome to the hood.

ADKmike

Nice whip, Mike!!

Get up to Chimney Rock sometime, which is just a couple of miles off 287 in Bridgewater. Try out the Diamondback on steep rocks. Parking lot on Newman Springs lane is where most MTBNJs hang.

Did you ever get up to the SMBA trails behind Skidmore in Saratoga Springs up there?

Welcome to the hood.
Thanks - haven't hit the SMBA trails but sort of know some ppl who live up in that area and ride them

Top Bottom