Generic Pro Road Cycling Thread

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Strade Bianche! Gravel, so hot right now. Gravel. And such a great hilly, narrow, technical finish in Siena.

Who's it going to be? Cancellara? Will Peter Always-the-bridesmaid-Sagan make good this year? Kwiatkowski repeat? An who is Etixx's man on the day with Boonen out with a tax injury?

80A_4166.jpg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
MSR did not disappoint, well deserved for Degenkolb.

Dwars door Vlaanderen tomorrow, can it be anything but Ettix tomorrow?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
So E3 did not disappoint but very sad to see that Cancellara is basically out of the classics (as is Boonen) and a lot of others took some hard falls, including GVA. With these classic races, it is crazy to see how one little slip up can end your day. Nice to see Thomas win from Sagan and Stybar and another awesome showing from Stybar. Gent-Wevelgem this week end, and then Flanders on Easter. Holy week is almost here....

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Stybar is going like blazes right now. Sagan, whoo boy, not so much. How long to Oleg finds a new toy to play with?
Pretty fine racing. Still on the fence about GVA, with the Mertens stuff going on in Belgium. I'm not sure he should be racing right now, according to Hoyle, but after squandering all of Oss's good work (when do they let him off the chain?), he was pretty much just in it for the gardening. I'll be bummed if he takes a monument.
Oh, and I can't wait to hear how Ettix's lack of results is everyone else's fault. Love the LeFevre post-race meltdowns.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
He needs a Paolini.

Funny you should say.

Crazy Gent-Wevelgem yesterday. Wind literally pushing riders off the road. EBH taking out with a broken clavicle too, not that he has been much of a factor other than support the last few years.

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Paolini didn't need a Paolini :) Nice to see someone usually relegated to super-dom duties getting their shot. Next up, Oss?
Only saw bits and pieces yestiddy, but just downloaded the whole thing in HD. Looking forward to it. Looks like World Beating Epic. Amazed at the body count. Less than 40 riders finished? Unreal. The broom wagons must have been an armada.
And while not super-happy Cance is out of the classics, glad he wasn't able to shut down the race:
Some insiders said that the cyclists would have forced the Gent-Wevelgem classic to a stop had the conditions continued any longer yesterday. What it lacked, they said, was statesmen like Tom Boonen or Fabian Cancellara — both out with injuries — to take control and lead a strike.

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
From Gent Wevelgem
tumblr_nm1oh4tApz1qbw072o1_500.gif

tumblr_nm23ioMWWs1qbw072o1_500.gif

Man, Bard ain't going to be happy with the second one

Last edited:

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I love how everyone is still rolling on 303s in the middle of the worst cross-winds ever.

Top Bottom