NYARA Fools Rogaine in Waway

Panhead

Got that notice yesterday also. Definitely need spikes, more than likely shoes will make life alot easier. I was midshin deep in snow the other night going over the mountain.

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
so who showed up? the course was tough this year. My brother and I managed to get all of them except for the 12:30 bonus point. im pretty sore today

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
We were riding and saw a team of 5 or 6 heading north along Sitting Bear and Southside trail....one tried getting Intel from me but I was not very forthcoming. ..partly because I was a bit lost at the moment myself.....and also not sure if they should accept help.....we were out there for hours and only saw that team and another team of two near the furnace....

Turbotrix

Wifey and I went yesterday. The conditions were challenging but overall it was a great event. We missed 4 checks but got all the bonuses except the last 50 point one.

Panhead

I had a great time, the morning was great since the snow was frozen. For some reason the further the target was away, the more I would trust my compass. I ran into trouble when I started doubting it. Definitely doing the Inferno. I think I hit 13 of 18, over an hour of overshoots. End of Lake/pipeline was a huge penalty for me, that was a good 45 minute error.

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
yeah, the warming temps turned the day into a slushfest in the woods. we hit the pipeline point as our 6th point. from there i could see the beach..just a straight run down the ice....too bad the ice was off limits...we probably could have shaved 30-40 mins off of our time.

we had the most trouble with CP9. in the northeast part of the park. clue was the southwest side of a spur. but the topography was just too subtle and we kept finding ourselves off of the spur. got it after wasting maybe 20 mins

Turbotrix

We had trouble with CP 9 as well. I think it was mismarked on the map. It was much further East than what was shown.

gtluke

The Moped
oh wow, our very own never posting John Courain aka ugly grandma sweater wearing brother of Aaron wins! Poor Aaron was 1 second behind. Turns out, John Courain Rules as is described in the list.

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
actually those results are wrong...the bonus points are incorrectly marked...john got 2nd and i got 3rd

Top Bottom