pump track design plans?

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
does anyone have any links to pumptrack design/layout plans that are suitable for public parks? i'm looking for something similar to the highbridge layout, but possibly smaller. what i am looking for is a good resource on how to go about building one that would be suitable for a public park that doesn't have a ton of space. some of the features that i would like to look into are a beginner/intermediate DJ line, a small area of skinnies, and a pumptrack.

http://www.nycmtb.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=6153&sid=3a0afc9ae0c03ef61226678f19a67210

2017865727_746dc4a2df_b.jpg

CalabazasBikeParkDesign3.jpg

CalabazasBikeParkPerspectiv.jpg

beijing1.jpg

beijing2.jpg

http://www.leelikesbikes.com/build-your-own-pump-track.html
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=239103

Last edited:
You must build, they will come. Just get a group of people together with similar interests and start building. I build by myself sometimes and it gets boring and seems like I get no where.

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
I always refer to Higbridge as a benchmark for public use. It is small, fun, and safe. But you have to prepare for the public hack - He comes in many forms, I've even seen him on rollerblades in the pump track. I sh1t you not, f***ing rollerblades!!!

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
that small one - with the wall ride - that is probably something that'll work. dude - thanks for finding all this. its awesome! the leelikesbikes link is great.

NJ-XC-J - i'm using some of this for a proposal that i'm sending to a local township rec dept for a super-long-shot possibility of a small bike skills park to be added to a local township park. i figured it was worth a shot. some of the things i am including are a pumptrack and some not-so-high skinnies, and a beginner DJ line.

that small one - with the wall ride - that is probably something that'll work. dude - thanks for finding all this. its awesome! the leelikesbikes link is great.

NJ-XC-J - i'm using some of this for a proposal that i'm sending to a local township rec dept for a super-long-shot possibility of a small bike skills park to be added to a local township park. i figured it was worth a shot. some of the things i am including are a pumptrack and some not-so-high skinnies, and a beginner DJ line.

If you need drafted plans made I may be of assistance.

< Architecture student.

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
NJ-XC-J - i'm using some of this for a proposal that i'm sending to a local township rec dept for a super-long-shot possibility of a small bike skills park to be added to a local township park.

Dont rule out the idea of a multiuse park that wood have to include the use of concrete. Sayerville is a blast if you get there b4 the tight pants do.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
If you need drafted plans made I may be of assistance.

< Architecture student.

once i figure out the size of the area allowed - i just might take you up on that.

Dont rule out the idea of a multiuse park that wood have to include the use of concrete. Sayerville is a blast if you get there b4 the tight pants do.

sayerville is good fun (i'll occasionally make that trip) but the main issue is keeping cost absurdly low.

once i figure out the size of the area allowed - i just might take you up on that.

sayerville is good fun (i'll occasionally make that trip) but the main issue is keeping cost absurdly low.

Looking in the right places you can find construction material for free or close to it. The labor would be a main factor from there. Wooden/Concrete structures could also have sponsors.
9509_wall_berre.jpg

WallRide.JPG

It would probably be more interest at companies of a smaller scale say LBS or skate shops if it is a concrete park.

THATmanMANNY

middlebush park?
i always though that would be a great place for a public park.

On the money. But we only say that cause it's very close to us :D

I've thought about that too when they first opened the skate park up there and they had mounds of dirt around. There is a lot of space not being used. My only concern is the immature 16 yr old kids ;) using the skatepark that like to destroy things, litter, etc... :hmmm:

THATmanMANNY

not to mention have to have their rents sign waivers :rofl:

You're suppose to attend a class to use that skatepark, which I think is a good idea. I think that should be the same for a pump/jump track, therefore, no one is held liable. The only problem is no one really checks at the skatepark but they do do a good job off scooting kids home when it's dark.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
spot on guys. we'll see what happens after i drop in el-proposal-o. its a long shot right now, but they are in the process of planning some new stone/cinder trails for the park - this is an attempt to piggyback off of that. i think it would be a great addition to the park, and it would give a spot for kids who currently ride in parking lots and corporate parks a spot to go locally. fingers crossed.

Top Bottom