Sirius XM chatter

MikeyBikey2000

The scary thing for them is that my kids got me using Spotify a lot more lately, and it really makes me question whether I want to keep going through the procedure...We will see...

I've been off SXM for over a month, so far not missing it that much due to streaming services (thumbs down to Ted Nugent never to be heard again). I really liked a lot of the Wharton channel content but podcasts are making up for that (though the unexpected midchat spots suck). The renewal process is a complete turnoff so like you said, we will see....

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i agree about not wanting to call in for it, but so far no problems getting a deal im willing to pay, we will see how long i have the patience for calling in every 6 months :/

ekuhn

I was told by an employee that if you find the cheapest deal...6 months $50 or whatever it is, they have to honor it.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I was told by an employee that if you find the cheapest deal...6 months $50 or whatever it is, they have to honor it.

i'm 99% they'd honor any current, legit deal that applies. (they won't give a current subscriber a free radio if not adding a subscription - unless you sold a car and got one with no sxm)

make sure you get the offer code - it is always somewhere on the click-through.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's

i have 6 months for $30 right now, when i called in and said anymore wasnt worth it they immediately offered to reup that deal . . . (idk if they are advertising it right now or not)

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
So I got my annual udate letter over the weekend and called ready to cancel. I told them that I was switching to Spotify and they offered $99 year (down from $200). I told them no and still wanted to cancel. They offered $60/year with a credit from what I had left, so wound up with another year for $48. I can live with that. The Spotify talk seemed to really speed up the process from what I had to deal with the last few years.

cfrone1

Shop: Pops Bike Shop
Shop Keep
I was up for renewal on 1/9...called yesterday, told them I was considering cancelling all 7 radios...they immediately offered me the $60/year. This was probably the easiest, smoothest transaction I ever had with the company. The biggest hassle was having to listen to the disclaimer/speech they have to give you for each radio so you can authorize the credit card charge each time. Apparently, they do not have the technology to say $75.28 ($60 + fees/taxes) x 7, so we need to charge you $526.96. Nope....7 times to hear the exact same speech just to say yes 7 times. Overall, took about 20-25 minutes, but now I am good for another year.

Patrick

Staff member
So ya all know that SXM purchased Pandora. They will be adding Pandora Premium (1 custom station) to the SXM all access plan (if they haven't done it already)
Note that Pandora will download a playlist to the device, and will work offline for an hour (?) or so if capable - i haven't tried it in my truck on the GM infotainment native app.
Works on my phone, but I think i'm in the beta pool.

serviceguy

I hate having to hustle for a decent price, to me things have a price and that shouldn’t change based on how shameless the buyer is. Even when I was buying my kitchen the ‘designer’ asked first ‘how much do you want to spend?’ When I replied ‘that’s not how I work, I’ll tell you what I want you tell me how much you want for it’ she dropped us like dead weight. I was told we had been fired by our designer...that was hilarious. To me that’s an indication she was going to rip us off...so is SXM charging you $200/yr ‘but if you’re harsh to me I’ll only charge you $48/yr’...

Patrick

Staff member
I hate having to hustle for a decent price, to me things have a price and that shouldn’t change based on how shameless the buyer is. Even when I was buying my kitchen the ‘designer’ asked first ‘how much do you want to spend?’ When I replied ‘that’s not how I work, I’ll tell you what I want you tell me how much you want for it’ she dropped us like dead weight. I was told we had been fired by our designer...that was hilarious. To me that’s an indication she was going to rip us off...so is SXM charging you $200/yr ‘but if you’re harsh to me I’ll only charge you $48/yr’...

interesting. anything premium when i was in italy was negotiable.
go a little farther east and everything is negotiable!....and it is expected. strange when
negotiating for $0.10 delta for some meat on a stick.

the high price is for people that don't care, the teaser price is for new customers. the stuff in-between is to "save" the customer from leaving.
the faster they get you off the phone, and onto the new plan, the better they look. guess it is an MBA thing.

serviceguy

interesting. anything premium when i was in italy was negotiable.
go a little farther east and everything is negotiable!....and it is expected. strange when
negotiating for $0.10 delta for some meat on a stick.

the high price is for people that don't care, the teaser price is for new customers. the stuff in-between is to "save" the customer from leaving.
the faster they get you off the phone, and onto the new plan, the better they look. guess it is an MBA thing.

Patrick, it has nothing to do with being Italian or from farther east or west. I just don't like haggling, never have (and actually I don't think it's fair, but that is just me, there's no universal definition of fair I suppose). It may have something to do with the Italian habit of haggling (so maybe you have a point about that), even when it's quite obvious there nothing to haggle anyway, and I just hate it!

I did not renew my Sirius XM because quite frankly wasn't offering anything more than what I get for free on local radio, I just had to do a little research. Got my 45 minutes commute covered anyway. I'm good.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just got a 2 month free trial for bringing my Atlas into the dealer for service. Perfect timing for the drive to VT next month. I usually just stream thru my phone via CarPlay since the wife's car has whatever subscription that let's me use the app for streaming. But this makes it easier

Patrick

Staff member
SiriusXM should be down at 1 Penn hiring the staff from WPLJ. POPROCKS should become PLJ Radio.

How does one suggest it?

that's not bad - but they already have all the PLJ and NEW DJs from the 1970/80s working there!!

is poprocks a hosted channel? or just music?

Top Bottom