6 Mile Run Conditions

THATmanMANNY

Looking for nica 6 mile volunteers?

Allaire next time. Sorry i didnt get to report earlier. Headed out 3:30pm. Hero dirt canal side with acceptable handful puddles. 27 not so much. Turned around at first mud soup. Lucky with weather but chalk it up to a beast trail boss and crew. Years ago... stream crossings and low spots. Felt more awesome than it looks and almost went into the stream ditch on another drop. Now the rain...
EA882234-DC5E-4AF5-9A4A-DD7D3146CACA.png

Last edited:

THATmanMANNY

I never heard of that rack till yesterday. Expensive but legit in lieu of having a 4 bike extension that is another cars length.
http://www.loloracks.com

STORY TIME abbreviated
So I'm on my way to Ma's house with some fresh Mother's Day pancakes and I see a crew about to start a ride! YES, you read that right! I did a U'ey and said, "Good morning. You guys are riding?"
"yea man"
"People work hard to maintain and build these trails. I don't think you guys should guy out"
"nah man it's worse when it's not raining" WOW
"I think you got that wrong"
"I've been riding here for years"
"yea, well do you come out to help"
SILENCE
a little back an forth (nothing contentious) and ended with please be considerate next time you are going to ride when they are wet
"I understand and appreciate the advice"
then proceeded to ride

Sorry I tried but didn't work.

THATmanMANNY

Yea i didnt need to get jumped on Mother’s day. I probably came off too smug or soft in my Leaf.

Wish all the mothers and families had a great day!

rmap01

then proceeded to ride

What an A-hole! :mad: It's one thing to be ill-informed about riding wet/muddy trails (even though I think it's still pretty intuitive if not obvious). But to be informed and go ahead anyway is just so damn selfish. Let's face it, the land on which 6M is laid out is nothing special in and of itself. It's basically just flat low lying terrain with little elevation change. It's the design and features that are added, maintained and upgraded by a few people that bring tons of gratification to the rest of us that ride it. Riding in today's conditions is just plan selfish and outright disrespectful to both other trail users and especially to those that maintain the trails. What a sad commentary on the state of our society today.

Mountain Bike Mike

I never heard of that rack till yesterday. Expensive but legit in lieu of having a 4 bike extension that is another cars length.

STORY TIME abbreviated
So I'm on my way to Ma's house with some fresh Mother's Day pancakes and I see a crew about to start a ride! YES, you read that right! I did a U'ey and said, "Good morning. You guys are riding?"
"yea man"
"People work hard to maintain and build these trails. I don't think you guys should guy out"
SILENCE
a little back an forth (nothing contentious) and ended with please be considerate next time you are going to ride when they are wet
then proceeded to ride

This story... was it with the family with the white van / 6 bike rack?

Ian F

I had a similar discussion at Nox yesterday. A few of us went there to ride and made it about 1/4 mile before I called it and turned back. There were sections of the trails that I had never seen muddy before and didn't want to ride on them. Those were the "dry" parts and I knew it would get worse. Like 6MR, I've known some of the builders there for a long time and appreciate the work they've put into those trails. When we got back to the Tower Rd lot, another group getting ready to start asked, "Didn't you guys just leave?" and I then explained how the trails were just too muddy for my liking. I'm sure they went out anyway, but at least we tried. Two others did take my advice and followed us over to Ralph Stover, which while it still had some muddy sections, is overall better as far as drainage goes.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

STORY TIME abbreviated
"yea man"
SILENCE
then proceeded to ride

Must have been these guys
ABDA1C73-10B5-4C8A-8493-BF61D1E3CB53.jpeg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions