OOS MOGA

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Agreed on both counts. I met some cool people both at the Creek pre ride, and short track, and it certainly is, and should be, different, than a typical group ride. But if they were stopping to wait, leaving as soon as the last guy pulls up is bullshit in my book, especially when you are going to have folks unfamilar with the trails trying to keep up. Why stop at all then ? Just run the course at race pace and let everyone know thats the deal. I've raced alot different vehicles in my day, and there are always a few douches, but elietest attitude of some of these "cyclists" is a bit much.

so the right thing to do here is break-up the group.

Frank is looking at the cat 1 loop after racing (winning) cat 3 last year. the group there to pre-ride is going to be fast, cause cat 1 loop.
but they should accommodate everyone. This is good coordinator etiquette, esp if it was run by the race sponsor.
Unfortunate nobody was able to see the need to split-up.

hopefully, someone told them afterwards.

roc

It really depends on how work goes could be as early as 3 or I could have to work all day
Cool, just text me. 201-655-1675. I have a meeting in cresskill at 12:30, but I’m free after that. If you wind up being able to do it earlier, maybe we could do a long loop at Stephens, ride under 80, something like that. Not sure how my legs will be feeling. Wildcat is a brut( but you know that)

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
so the right thing to do here is break-up the group.

Frank is looking at the cat 1 loop after racing (winning) cat 3 last year. the group there to pre-ride is going to be fast, cause cat 1 loop.
but they should accommodate everyone. This is good coordinator etiquette, esp if it was run by the race sponsor.
Unfortunate nobody was able to see the need to split-up.

hopefully, someone told them afterwards.
I think they did a great job. It started out all categories together for the warm up then cat3 split off as a group and cat1and2 were together up to the top then down the white trail. Then before cat1 and 2 split up they waited. The weather was nice so there were bikes and hikers all over the mountain. I rode ahead to keep my heart rate high enough. I waited for the cat2 group at Skylands(actually rode around up there for a while while waiting) as the group was waiting for everyone. At times the wait was longer than some of our OOS rides. It was my first time doing a pre ride and it went well except for loosing Frank. When the cat2 group met up with me on Skylands they asked about Frank. I texted him a couple of times. I keep my ringer on high volume so I can hear it in case someone is trying to reach me. I also check my phone every so often in case I miss a call. No easy answer. Like I said earlier I’m not a racer so don’t know the full process yet. I would say @Mtbdog , if that ever happens again and I’m there please call or text me so I know what happened to you and if you need help.

BPaze

Cool, just text me. 201-655-1675. I have a meeting in cresskill at 12:30, but I’m free after that. If you wind up being able to do it earlier, maybe we could do a long loop at Stephens, ride under 80, something like that. Not sure how my legs will be feeling. Wildcat is a brut( but you know that)
I actually have a noon in Bergenfield lol

BPaze

Smart move not tagging me. But slight oversight not to realize I've been watching everything lately. Though I admit this thread taxes my ability to ingest everything.
I didn’t doubt you may see it just hoping I am safe from the random naming if I don’t tag you and request. I must also say we have increased quality lately I mean beer league MTB racing is solid LOL. We’re even joining pre ride race events and everything, not me but as a group, I’m still waiting for the beer league

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I didn’t doubt you may see it just hoping I am safe from the random naming if I don’t tag you and request. I must also say we have increased quality lately I mean beer league MTB racing is solid LOL. We’re even joining pre ride race events and everything, not me but as a group, I’m still waiting for the beer league

Yeah, you didn't ask for a change so that was just hot air on my part.

On a real note, it does make me happy to hear you say quality is increased. Though I guess that may be why they want to change the B to BEER. Anyway, I'll take it.

Patrick

Staff member
^^^been waiting for him to change teabagger's avatar - thinking a mapplethorpe might work.

BPaze

Yeah, you didn't ask for a change so that was just hot air on my part.

On a real note, it does make me happy to hear you say quality is increased. Though I guess that may be why they want to change the B to BEER. Anyway, I'll take it.
Beer is my other hobby we have a black IPA that should be ready soon as well as a green tea lemon grass and ginger pale ale that is conditioning. If they are ready and I know your coming I will try to bring one of them that is assuming you drink beer.

Patrick

Staff member
Beer is my other hobby we have a black IPA that should be ready soon as well as a green tea lemon grass and ginger pale ale that is conditioning. If they are ready and I know your coming I will try to bring one of them that is assuming you drink beer.

you better read norm's last blog post.....something about james pearl and bloggin being dead......

Top Bottom