Lewis Morris Conditions

manmachine

I was at the LewMo upper parking lot early this afternoon and was about to ride when two guys came back to their car after their ride. Their bikes were pretty heavily covered in mud; they felt mislead by the earlier reports of great conditions and that it was very muddy in more than just a few spots. I decided to forego riding there and drove over to Round Valley.

So, I didn't see the actual trail conditions myself, but these guys' bikes were a muddy mess. Are you sure that you aren't being a little overly positive about the conditions at LeMo?

Yup, our bikes were covered in mud. A good amount of the trails were terrible that day David, as you had seen first hand.
I absolutely agree, that many riders are a bit overly optimistic and perhaps perceive 'good' much differently than reality suggests.
Geo

Shorepoints

I posted my route from Wednesday. 90%+ of the route was dry. One short section was muddy (less than a minute of riding). I was not alone, rode with another very experienced rider who agreed conditions were prime. Also saw several other riders who agreed conditions were very good. Sorry you must have found some poor sections but I’ve been doing this long enough to call it accurately.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Primo Sunday evening... dusty even. Light rain last night will be good. Get some. Lame rouge trail has popped up on the "big" hill on Patriots heading north of the park before the first road crossing - Completely raked out and obvious and goes straight down the fall line. I agree there's probably a better way down that hill than the original trail but this is not it. Probably the same kids who were building little jumps along the main trail last year. Also saw a new trail branching off Yellow back kinda near Tempe Wick. That one has orange tape on trees and looks way more legit.

stilluf

Trails Closed: everything south of main lot roped off for controlled burn. Primo conditions on PP.
BTW any locals know what happened on mendam rd by pool?

rxpxskier

Found what seems to be a new trail while walking tonight on the north side of Mendham road. Anyone know if this is an official trail?

Last edited:

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Found what seems to be a new trail while walking tonight on the north side of Mendham road. Anyone know if this is an official trail?
Sounds like this might be the same one i talked about a few posts up. Branches off Yellow? It LOOKS official, but my assessment is not official.

rxpxskier

Sounds like this might be the same one i talked about a few posts up. Branches off Yellow? It LOOKS official, but my assessment is not official.
Yep in your previous post...orange tape on trees. Looks fun but also don’t want to give more reason to hate bikers

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions