Book of Paul H

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
My 'carbon' has arrived, I'll check the mandatory blemishes when I get home!!! The place supposedly sells 'top of the range' but 'last year' items for both cycling and skiing at very reasonable prices...hopefully I'll never have to warranty the parts I bought...
Where are the pics????

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Good price, don't you need boost
Dammit! No wonder it was so cheap! Lol
Its just a to buy list... I guess I gotta look for a deal on the fork. I might pull the trigger on the dropper but definitely the fork will not get ordered until next month.

Just concerned on the 85mm on the dropper... isn't this too short?

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Its just a to buy list... I guess I gotta look for a deal on the fork. I might pull the trigger on the dropper but definitely the fork will not get ordered until next month.

Not for a XC race bike. Many are 65mm (like the KS Lev Carbon) the MFG’s aren’t expecting a “Roof Drop” on that bike.

jklett

The less the travel the lighter it'll be. It doesn't take much to get the seat out of the way (especially since it's going on a bike not designed to get rowdy).

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
The less the travel the lighter it'll be. It doesn't take much to get the seat out of the way (especially since it's going on a bike not designed to get rowdy).
That's the dilemma
If not going to be rowdy... why get a dropper at all? Can't make up my mind!!!

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Yep, Paul's gotta move to CAT2
Yep... move up to category 2 disaster

Why not just get a carbon post?
Dropper and carbon fixed post are about the same price. The goof ball in me wants a dropper. The weight weenie in me wants a carbon post.
Definitely see the benefits of a dropper and prolly will be fun. But that feeling of passing ppl on the climbs is something. That day at Saddle River when I was blowing by(ok... not blowing but slowly passing) guys on MTB while I was on the CX bike... was a special feeling! lol Of course, I realize that something like that wont happen often but it was a very satisfying feeling nonetheless.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Ditch the dropper - more weight, more $$, and it will break anyway
Rick... thank you. You helped me on this. Going with a dropper! lol

JK! But I am leaning towards the dropper.... like 70/30
Bikes are supposed to be fun and I would want optimal fun factor. But light bikes are fun too..... lol
I think I am losing it o_O

rick81721

Lothar
Rick... thank you. You helped me on this. Going with a dropper! lol

JK! But I am leaning towards the dropper.... like 70/30
Bikes are supposed to be fun and I would want optimal fun factor. But light bikes are fun too..... lol
I think I am losing it o_O

I found on the horsethief I never used it enough to justify. And the second time it broke and stranded me on a ride , that was it.

jklett

Think of it like putting a snow plow on a Maserati. Sure it might push some snow but it's just wrong on so many levels.

Top Bottom