Sedona

xc62701

I’m looking at possibly going to Sedona around April 15th. Good time of year? Thoughts? Advice? It’ll be a quick 4 day 3 nights. Places to stay? Bike rental?

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I’m looking at possibly going to Sedona around April 15th. Good time of year? Thoughts? Advice? It’ll be a quick 4 day 3 nights. Places to stay? Bike rental?

Awesome time of year for great weather, right amount of days to pretty much ride everything. Most people tend to like all the rental shops, I'd decide on price/location/bike type.

I'd shoot for a place (airBnb etc) in West Sedona near Over The Edge bike shop. There's more non-touristy stuff over there, good food selection, the health food shop is a great place to pickup food. Both times I stayed over there and it was nice to walk to Starbucks in the morning, food store to buy food to cook, the amazingly awesome mexican place (Tortas De Fuego) for 3 meals a day, etc.

Off The Road Again

Great time of year. I went there about that same time, temps were around 40 at 6 am breakfast, but quickly warmed up to 70. Stayed at La Quinta, a little south of trails but close enough. LBS was across the street, rented a Pivot, great trails!!

xc62701

I wouldn't mind it but I started telling my wife about the weather and she wants 70-80's the whole time. So she's looking into the Bahamas or another island. If we go that way there won't be riding and I'm ok with that - whichever way we go.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I wouldn't mind it but I started telling my wife about the weather and she wants 70-80's the whole time. So she's looking into the Bahamas or another island. If we go that way there won't be riding and I'm ok with that - whichever way we go.

Phoenix/Tucson.

Honestly I'd sell her on Phoenix/Scottsdale for a week with 2 days in Sedona. Sedona is amazing, she'll take the slightly lower temperatures for two days, trust me. Phoenix will provide the heat for the rest of the trip.

xc62701

Phoenix/Tucson.

Honestly I'd sell her on Phoenix/Scottsdale for a week with 2 days in Sedona. Sedona is amazing, she'll take the slightly lower temperatures for two days, trust me. Phoenix will provide the heat for the rest of the trip.

You don’t know my wife and we only have 4 days.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Phoenix/Tucson.

A week in Phoenix... lol.

roc

His wife may be the hang-out-in-Scottsdale type?

A week in Phoenix... lol.

You guys give Phoenix/Scottsdale a bad rap. It’s pretty awesome. It may be a bit pricey, or even snobby, but it has great features.
McDowell mountain is a really awesome place to bike. You could also ride south mountain, even Browns ranch is really cool. The hiking around there is spectacular, It’s got a lot of great restaurants. It also has some really great deals in April/May. You can’t beat the weather that time of year, you know it’s not going to rain, and it’s going to be at least 80 everyday, cools down some at night. It’s an outdoor Mecca, with all the great stuff rich people bring. You can eat outside on a patio every night Great golf and great food.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've been trying to find a place to go in April. Maybe I just go ahead and do AZ?

roc

You don’t know my wife and we only have 4 days.
Hit Phoenix for 4 days, take an early flight, you get the whole day. I love that place. You know it will 85 everyday, cools down at night. You can get great deals on VRBO or Airbnb at condos with pools and grills. Great hiking and the biking at McDowell mountain park is awesome. Plus the cactus bloom around then, so cool to see them flower.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Arizona in April is a good bet, and this year the wild flowers will be incredible in addition to cacti blooming in April. Temps this year have been below average, so even Phoenix and Tucson should be comfortable that time of year. I have been waiting to take a few days to go to Sedona and it just has not been warm enough for me yet. However, it may be warm enough for anyone from NJ. It was snowing up that way today, but that will melt in a day. I hope to get up there in the middle of April as well.

xc62701

And my Sedona dreams are over. We're off to Riviera Maya, Mexico. Not a bad compromise. I won't have the bike but I'll have enough tequila to think I'm riding my bike.

Top Bottom