Book of Paul H

You should have painted the concrete walls. Even a quick coat will make it more cozy
Eh... it's a man cave :)

How do you like the M8020s? I just put a set on my bike yesterday. First ride was today. I kind of hate to say it but they feel way more similar to my Guide RSs than I was expecting.
Haven't had a ride on them yet but just going around the parking lot, I thought they were closer to m8000 than the Guides. A whole lot easier to lock out the wheels.

@BPaze what's your thoughts on them?

How do you like the M8020s? I just put a set on my bike yesterday. First ride was today. I kind of hate to say it but they feel way more similar to my Guide RSs than I was expecting.
That is funny I just put mine on last night and today’s Stephens ride was the first ride. I haven’t had a decent set of working brakes in a while but these were great pretty happy. I have only ridden lower end Shimanos and Magura mt7 and these were the best feel and modulation of the bunch. Maguras were super powerful but couldn’t get them properly bled for the life of me.

That is funny I just put mine on last night and today’s Stephens ride was the first ride. I haven’t had a decent set of working brakes in a while but these were great pretty happy. I have only ridden lower end Shimanos and Magura mt7 and these were the best feel and modulation of the bunch. Maguras were super powerful but couldn’t get them properly bled for the life of me.
Did you ever have the MT7s bled at an LBS? I'm considering Zees or these for the Voltage, which has regular M8000s

I'm not sure what I was expecting. I guess I figured a light tap on the lever would lock em up. There's marketing hype for you. I really like the 8020's, actually. Despite doing a full bleed after installing them I noticed the levers "pumping up" a bit during today's ride. I just did a quick lever bleed and got a few more air bubbles out of both levers. Maybe riding and using the brakes for a couple hours got some trapped air to move up to the levers? Now they feel really good. I am probably a weirdo but I actually prefer SRAM's bleeding procedure and equipment.

I'm not sure what I was expecting. I guess I figured a light tap on the lever would lock em up. There's marketing hype for you. I really like the 8020's, actually. Despite doing a full bleed after installing them I noticed the levers "pumping up" a bit during today's ride. I just did a quick lever bleed and got a few more air bubbles out of both levers. Maybe riding and using the brakes for a couple hours got some trapped air to move up to the levers? Now they feel really good. I am probably a weirdo but I actually prefer SRAM's bleeding procedure and equipment.
I had the same issue with having to pump up my rear brake front was fine but 2nd half of the ride it went away. Did a quick bleed when I got home and they feel great.
I can tell you one bleed process you would hate is Maguras

Reactions: Tim
Awesome! I'm actually having fun.
20190209_201229.jpg

Yeah... that beer is mine.
Bedtime is scheduled for 9PM

Why didn't anyone tell me the bleeding edge tool is different from guides to reverb?
I only had the guides tool and was trying to fit it into the reverb for 10 minutes! lol

Anyways... hacked it and did a decent enough bleed on the reverb that it works pretty well now.

Like the way this looks
20190210_135039.jpg

Last edited:
Is he looking for boost?
Your wheels are WTB i23 27.5 TA Boost
Good question, looking at the Cannondale spec sheet doesn't look like boost. Thank you sir for your diligence. The devil is in the details. So nevermind, and thanks.

Looking pretty hard at the Niner Air 9 aluminum frame. Any thoughts on this? Looks like I can get a new frame for $600.

Back
Top Bottom