Single Speed 29'er Wheelset with Hope Hubs / Pro II Trials Rear 135/100 - $150

Mr.Moto

I have for sale a single speed wheel set with Hope front hub / Hope Pro II Trials rear hub. This is a 100 front / 135 rear hub set. Rims are Salsa Delgado disc front w/ black spokes.
Rear is WTB SpeedDisc rim / silver spokes. The rims are in decent condition. Hubs are in good to very good condition.

The centerpiece of these wheels is the Hope Pro II trials hub. With a low POE and steel freehub, this is a great hub for single speed. I have upgraded the axle with fun bolts for a really robust set up.

Asking $150 for the set.
FAF7AC9D-1322-4BC7-9CBB-4BAFF6C23D77.jpegF1AB359B-66C0-4E70-B174-8FC7A2C3274B.jpegF4F61C7A-42F8-4910-B7C7-33AF98A8EC82.jpeg

Last edited:

Mr.Moto

The back has been very slow in coming around. Still in tough shape, but some improvements have been made. Been on a bike once in the last six weeks. Will be in the back of the OOS pack once I get straightened out and start riding again.

I've been out of SSing for years now. Time to sell the remnants to make room for the new plastic wheels on the truing stand. Really had a hard time letting go of the Boone Ti cog, but my buddy insisted on buying it. Maybe someday I'll do the SS again, but for now its gears.

jpn

Great looking wheelset. Sorry you've been out of action; hope you're on the mend.

Have you had these set up tubeless?

Mr.Moto

Great looking wheelset. Sorry you've been out of action; hope you're on the mend.

Have you had these set up tubeless?

Thanks. These have not been set up tubeless. I think tubeless was just coming around when I built these but I wasn’t on board yet.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've converted those rims to tubeless back in the day. Worked well and that was old school methods with tires never meant for tubeless.

RobW

I've converted those rims to tubeless back in the day. Worked well and that was old school methods with tires never meant for tubeless.
Same- I had a Set of the Salsa race wheels I got from @Frank and I converted tubeless the old school method but it wasn’t 100% reliable.

jpn

I seem drawn to these wheels like a moth to a porchlight. Probably the Hope hubs.

Are these the Hubs that make that beehive sound when they're spinning?

Also, I avg @200lbs. How would the rims be strength wise for a chunky like me?

Mr.Moto

I seem drawn to these wheels like a moth to a porchlight. Probably the Hope hubs.

The rear does have have a buzz to it due to the engagement.

I am guessing you might be on the edge of use. The Delgado was built wide for its time with a balance of weight / strength.

Mr.Moto

A standard cassette will not fit on that free hub. It’s meant for individual cogs with spacers to adjust chain line. People have hacked mini cassettes with up to six gears to fit though.

Top Bottom