Chimney Rock Conditions

Jrzjoe

F48CB378-0780-45F3-9D8D-06B3DBE1EE9A.jpeg
B0F35B4B-5262-4FAD-9BE1-48CE91A09166.jpeg
F48CB378-0780-45F3-9D8D-06B3DBE1EE9A.jpeg

Jrzjoe

It’s been a problem for a while. I feel like anything that’s done may still be problematic. I feel like the ground water is pretty close to the surface in a few spots around there.

qclabrat

Spoke with Kirt about it last year, not worth repairing. Rerouting the only option. But blue is so terrible after this spot it seems fruitless

Bink

Hiked on Monday night while my daughter was at dance. Don’t ride for a long while. Probably shouldn’t even hike here for while. More rain on the way too.

goldsbar

I went here for the first time last week when it was frozen solid with lots of ice. Lots of fun and I'd like to try it without the ice so I could actually get some speed on all those flow sections. But, I was really surprised by the number of tire ruts, especially on the NW side, which is actually on a hill. Does it always look like that?

Jrzjoe

I went here for the first time last week when it was frozen solid with lots of ice. Lots of fun and I'd like to try it without the ice so I could actually get some speed on all those flow sections. But, I was really surprised by the number of tire ruts, especially on the NW side, which is actually on a hill. Does it always look like that?
It’s rutted like this more and more these days. People have no respect for the trails or the people who do the heavy lifting when it comes to trail maintenance.
Pray for a refreeze or dry weather. Otherwise this year will be just like last.

Off The Road Again

Rode the Rock this morning. Everything was frozen, until about noon when we were heading back to the car. Parts were starting to get a little greasy but firm underneath. The biggest problem is the thousands of frozen ruts on Blue and Red. Skipped White because by that time it would have started thawing too much.

FatTaco

I think i saw you. I was pulling in. Did red only. Wasnt too bad actually left no ruts etc and avoided anything soft. Did red and done all of about 20 minutes.

thegock

Conditions are probably pretty good RFN, but even more likely to go way downhill fast, based on the weather forecast.

How do I know? I check Walter's backyard...

TPI_Elky

I rode blue today. Was all frozen with only small patches of ice. the 4NRTH studded Dillingers did well.

Only downside was I got a pinch flat. Patch held for a while but couldn't deal with the descent on the far end of blue. Had to hoof it out of the park as the snow was falling.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I worked out an early week day trail maintenance opportunity with the park, seeing as it’s going to take a lot of work to repair this winters damage. We are going to repair that mud bog on Blue this Thursday 2/28 to make Walt happy, even if it's fruitless. Meeting at Newmans Lane at 9am and then will drive up to Old Tullo Rd and walk in from there. If anyone wants to help, let me know or show up at Newmans at 9. With all this wind, there may be some additional clean up that we can take care of as well.

@qclabrat
@fidodie
@thegock
@FitmanNJ
@Jrzjoe
@Norm
@pooriggy

or anyone else with free time during the week.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions