Chimney Rock Conditions

qclabrat

Quick spin on blue to test out a bike. Mostly frozen but the second half going clockwise is a mess. It looks like some of the terribly eroded trails in Watchung.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Definitely too wet today. Went in for a few minutes then did a nice full suspension fat tired road ride around Martinsville.

thegock

The Yellow trail was still 99.9% frozen at 2:30 Monday. Don't know about the rest of the park.

There is a 288 lbs. log hanging RIGHT ABOVE the trail on some vines on Yellow. This is where the connector ("C") trail intersects the trail along the SE edge of the ridge.

(The other, west, end of the "C" is at the top of the IMBA switchbacks)

Should I have told Ranger Evan, who was in the truck at the Hawk Watch lot? Or just post here @Kirt

Seems quite dangerous.

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
The Yellow trail was still 99.9% frozen at 2:30 Monday. Don't know about the rest of the park.

There is a 288 lbs. log hanging on some vines on Yellow. This is where the connector ("C") trail intersects the trail along the SE edge of the ridge.

(The other, west, end of the "C" is at the top of the IMBA switchbacks)

Should I have told Ranger Evan, who was in the truck at the Hawk Watch lot? Or just post here @Kirt

Seems quite dangerous.

Chimney Gock

Mountain Bike Mike

Bump - looking ahead at the forecast for the rest of the week with the thought of bringing the NICA team to CR this Saturday afternoon... is it possible it will be frozen and ok to ride?

qclabrat

Bump - looking ahead at the forecast for the rest of the week with the thought of bringing the NICA team to CR this Saturday afternoon... is it possible it will be frozen and ok to ride?
Mike, after today, forecast is below freezing for 4 days. I rode last weekend at about 33F and it was good, but I'd still avoid blue. Lots of ice flows, so be careful.
It will turn to poo on Sunday

Mountain Bike Mike

Wayne Gretzky?
6219640D-4F9F-41F7-A1C1-3E8BFFA948CE.jpeg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions