I’m out guys. Norm doesn’t like me and I can’t change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobW

when Norm changes someone's avatar, or adds a banner, etc, there are people that privately voice their opinion that it may have gone too far,
or been up too long, etc....
oh, SOOOO that's all i had to do when @Norm changed my name to a Gay French Poets name that i do not approve of?? Interesting. because i actually did tell him i did not like it. so whos the bully here?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
oh, SOOOO that's all i had to do when @Norm changed my name to a Gay French Poets name that i do not approve of?? Interesting. because i actually did tell him i did not like it. so whos the bully here?
I think that is the point. Norm is the final call, can have his cake and eat it too. Unless one of the other moderators wants to take a stand.

That being said, we all choose to come on here.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

didn't know you didn't approve - thought it was an inside joke. i'd ask the story behind it, but that is for another thread.

When @Norm changed mine to the Korean Asshole, I basically LMAO and fell off my chair

i just got a banner ad ...
1547657887325.png

serviceguy

Personally and for what it's worth, I've never seen the practice of changing username being applied.

This is the first website where I've seen it done, but I thought it was upon request of the user...I guess not.

It's his house, his rules, if you don't like it you can always leave. That said, while it's just fair that he doesn't want his cereals being pissed on in his house, changing the username without the user agreement kind of feels like pissing on the user's cereals...

I think the general rule is to ban the users that post inappropriate comments...

rick81721

Lothar

Yeah and look at the "Lothar" under my name, from some lame fantasy game I've never played. I wanted "King of Earth"!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Yeah and look at the "Lothar" under my name, from some lame fantasy game I've never played. I wanted "King of Earth"!

i thought it was SNL.....

you never get to pick your own nicname/tag, it just happens organically. Like being called Booger, or Droopy.
let's just say the organic part is working at some other level here.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Had you just changed your profile pic to the character Dumbo, like I told you too, this would not have turned into an issue.

Oh hey hi. Sorry like I said, Minnesota. Just sitting down but if Dave had done this he would have been my hero.

Don't have time right now to read everything. Just know that Santa loves you all. But some of you more than others, which is why some of you get Commodore 64s for Xmas and other people get gum.

Johnny Utah

Huh, I thought that you put that there. It is one thing if we burry ourselves in poor dialogue but to have someone else alter the terms and conditions to which someone presents themselves is pretty mess up. Especially when the persons (who has had their persona altered) choice then is to leave the forum they have participated in for some time.....arguably loosing some connections/friendships not on their terms.

That IS bullying IMO and not busting balls. At least busting balls allows you to respond, but if you alters someone's appearance without their ability to change it that's not right.

Reactions: Tim

rick81721

Lothar
Huh, I thought that you put that there. It is one thing if we burry ourselves in poor dialogue but to have someone else alter the terms and conditions to which someone presents themselves is pretty mess up. Especially when the persons (who has had their persona altered) choice then is to leave the forum they have participated in for some time.....arguably loosing some connections/friendships not on their terms.

That IS bullying IMO and not busting balls. At least busting balls allows you to respond, but if you alters someone's appearance without their ability to change it that's not right.

Nah Pat did this and it's fine - just busting balls (or trolling??)

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
Why is "Lothar" a happy-go-lucky character like me? No clue :shrug:

Well I'm a wanker. Is Norm British? Or does he enjoy watching a lot of Sky/BBC series? Enjoy a spot of Monty Python every now and then (hint: it IS the rabbit)?

And what happened to GT Luke, or is that a taboo subject (Taboo, another good BBC series, whens the next season coming?)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom