I’m out guys. Norm doesn’t like me and I can’t change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Alright then there-
Please stick around Dave-
You have a spot in this community of misfits and a place on the board.
You belong my friend, whether you get along with everyone or not.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
20190115_222348.jpg

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
single me out and change my username to Dumbo
You are not the 1st person to be singled out with a username. It's really silly to get this upset over something like this.
Had you just changed your profile pic to the character Dumbo, like I told you too, this would not have turned into an issue. If it were me, I'd of put Norms face as my profile pic.
If people did what I told them everyone would get along.

Welcome back DT!

thegock

A few of us make pokes at each other and sometimes it goes a hair far but...thick skin. I really enjoy yhe passion, dedication and stoke these guys bring to the MTB scene.

The crew I ride with are consummate hackers, and we wouldn't have it any other way.

Ok, so I have said some stupid crap(don't forget I'm not the only one who has said the wrong thing or drank too much on an occasion or two. I went with the flow a bit too much on the gangbang thread. I get it, .

Hey, hi there, who hasn't?

I apologize. I'm a racer, not a white collar guy and sometimes it just comes out.

I, too, thank god every day for my job at the factory.

I enjoy the site and was a bit offended at being singled out for "not giving back" at all. there are far more people on here who have done zilch and no mention of it.

We have been told that shaming them that do zilch is wrong, doe, but:

GOOD VIBE DSCN0076.JPG

I formerly

It's "formally." Sorry, kinda, this is what I do all day at work. "Yeah, I ain't no suit wearing bidness man like you, you know, I'm just a gangsta, I suppose..."

apologize for shitting in @Norm 's house while he's eating breakfast...please change my screen name to David Taylor, Turbo, Dipshit , Numbnuts or anything but what it was. Oh, and I weld, sorry for the long paragraphs...it's not my gig...the whole writing thing. Thanks.

Way to MTFU, really. No one apologizes for anything on this board or in real life. (Maybe I should try it more?)

Great post, @Dumbo

Last edited:

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I am going to try and make this only one or two replies on my part and I will start off by saying I have been an MTBNJ fan since I found it. I regularly ride with several members including @pooriggy , @Mitch , @BrianGT3 , @jShort , @Kirt etc. A few of us make pokes at each other and sometimes it goes a hair far but...thick skin. I really enjoy yhe passion, dedication and stoke these guys bring to the MTB scene.
I am really not sure how I ended up at the point where I made this thread but there has been a tension between @Norm and myself pretty much since day one. Maybe it was my lack of trail etiquette in the beginning, who knows. I apologized for that asshole I was at Mooch Madness in 15 or 16. People will be and I feel @Norm and I didn't gel so I basically avoided him or said hi and smiled at the races...some small talk here and there. I'll admit I've had far worse forum days in the past. I really try to avoid confrontation.
Ok, so I have said some stupid crap(don't forget I'm not the only one who has said the wrong thing or drank too much on an occasion or two. I'll put a couple noteable bads on my part. I went with the flow a bit too much on the gangbang thread. I get it, @pooriggy put me in my place. Other than that and the time @Norm didn't like when I used the word "should" after being frustrated at the Stewart 45(side not: I used the same terminology describing LewMo 2016 as well). I apologize. I'm a racer, not a white collar guy and sometimes it just comes out.
Now, to where we are now. Not sure what I really did this time other than somehow ruffling @Norm 's feathers. I seriously can't think of one thing I did but to single me out and change my username to Dumbo when we clearly aren't great buddies, that's sort of kindergarten crap. I know you are great at searching people's profiles and finding stuff but I really can't recall one conversation we had where I was "warned" or "talked to". Clearly if it was on the site we can dig it up and I may be wrong but I don't recall them.
I can make this much longer but I won't. I don't hate @Norm or anyone on here for that matter. I enjoy the site and was a bit offended at being singled out for "not giving back" at all. Honestly, just a quick glimpse back... I have done around 5 TM sessions, the Monmouth county TM class, made the Schilling Memorial and NICA/Schilling award last year. I have endlessly promotoed MTB races as well as MTBNJ and brought several people out to race. Not a pat on the back at all (@Norm deserves that as well as the whole mtbnj crew) but there are far more people on here who have done zilch and no mention of it.
Lastly, I am overly thankful for all of the hard work @Norm and the crew put in, I'm also thankful for any member here whether they just ride bikes or dedicate their lives to trail maintenance. I formerly apologize for shitting in @Norm 's house while he's eating breakfast. I was never going to badmouth mtbnj on FB or IG. Not sure how I became that bad guy. Cheers, let's have a beer and race bikes...and please change my screen name to David Taylor, Turbo, Dipshit , Numbnuts or anything but what it was. Oh, and I weld, sorry for the long paragraphs...it's not my gig...the whole writing thing. Thanks.
TLDR

So......... yew bak den err wut?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Theres one thing here that folks seem to miss. Norm, or anyone else on the site doesnt have to/isnt obligated to like everyone who is here.

And that's OK.
tenor.gif

But to that point, if Norm doesn't like someone (or others who have god rights on the site), he/they have the ability to mess with people in ways that other's do not have access too. We can post gifs, write whatever, etc, but Norm can make a call on changing you name, your tag like, your avatar, your badge (note, these are all part of you online image / persona on this site), so there is a difference there.

ryderX

I am going to try and make this only one or two replies on my part and I will start off by saying I have been an MTBNJ fan since I found it. I regularly ride with several members including @pooriggy , @Mitch , @BrianGT3 , @jShort , @Kirt etc. A few of us make pokes at each other and sometimes it goes a hair far but...thick skin. I really enjoy yhe passion, dedication and stoke these guys bring to the MTB scene.
I am really not sure how I ended up at the point where I made this thread but there has been a tension between @Norm and myself pretty much since day one. Maybe it was my lack of trail etiquette in the beginning, who knows. I apologized for that asshole I was at Mooch Madness in 15 or 16. People will be and I feel @Norm and I didn't gel so I basically avoided him or said hi and smiled at the races...some small talk here and there. I'll admit I've had far worse forum days in the past. I really try to avoid confrontation.
Ok, so I have said some stupid crap(don't forget I'm not the only one who has said the wrong thing or drank too much on an occasion or two. I'll put a couple noteable bads on my part. I went with the flow a bit too much on the gangbang thread. I get it, @pooriggy put me in my place. Other than that and the time @Norm didn't like when I used the word "should" after being frustrated at the Stewart 45(side not: I used the same terminology describing LewMo 2016 as well). I apologize. I'm a racer, not a white collar guy and sometimes it just comes out.
Now, to where we are now. Not sure what I really did this time other than somehow ruffling @Norm 's feathers. I seriously can't think of one thing I did but to single me out and change my username to Dumbo when we clearly aren't great buddies, that's sort of kindergarten crap. I know you are great at searching people's profiles and finding stuff but I really can't recall one conversation we had where I was "warned" or "talked to". Clearly if it was on the site we can dig it up and I may be wrong but I don't recall them.
I can make this much longer but I won't. I don't hate @Norm or anyone on here for that matter. I enjoy the site and was a bit offended at being singled out for "not giving back" at all. Honestly, just a quick glimpse back... I have done around 5 TM sessions, the Monmouth county TM class, made the Schilling Memorial and NICA/Schilling award last year. I have endlessly promotoed MTB races as well as MTBNJ and brought several people out to race. Not a pat on the back at all (@Norm deserves that as well as the whole mtbnj crew) but there are far more people on here who have done zilch and no mention of it.
Lastly, I am overly thankful for all of the hard work @Norm and the crew put in, I'm also thankful for any member here whether they just ride bikes or dedicate their lives to trail maintenance. I formerly apologize for shitting in @Norm 's house while he's eating breakfast. I was never going to badmouth mtbnj on FB or IG. Not sure how I became that bad guy. Cheers, let's have a beer and race bikes...and please change my screen name to David Taylor, Turbo, Dipshit , Numbnuts or anything but what it was. Oh, and I weld, sorry for the long paragraphs...it's not my gig...the whole writing thing. Thanks.

kidzach

attempting to worry if everybody likes thou is way too much work. Enjoy this site for all it has to offer, and as always get a dig in whenever possible. Thick is the skin.

yanmar

That's the great thing about the internet , everybody is 6'2" 220 lbs. and should be fighting in the UFC . ...............

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
You small son......I wear that belt everyday
View attachment 85588

I do concur with @stb222 the ability to change someone's persona/image is kind of an issue. Especially when one acts on it. Who is going to monitor the monitors?

tenor.gif

But to that point, if Norm doesn't like someone (or others who have god rights on the site), he/they have the ability to mess with people in ways that other's do not have access too. We can post gifs, write whatever, etc, but Norm can make a call on changing you name, your tag like, your avatar, your badge (note, these are all part of you online image / persona on this site), so there is a difference there.

There are a couple 'advocates' - that reach out to Norm on this topic. you wouldn't be surprised, or maybe you would?

Johnny Utah

There are a couple 'advocates' - that reach out to Norm on this topic. you wouldn't be surprised, or maybe you would?
Depends which way. If whiners, no (as in people whining to Norm). If issue arose I think what Dave did is par for the course if there is no other regulatory body (sorry @fidodie you don't count). Then again, I do agree with @Norm that posting private discussion is very difficult to recover from.......at least for me but I think Norm may be a bit more mature than myself. The one thing , well two things this exercise confirmed is: 1. Norm/Fidodie are partially open to (edited for grammatical content) constructive criticism and won't edit/hide it (that we know of) and that 2: The community wants Dave to be apart of it (I would tag him but I don't know what his name is today).

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Depends which way. If whiners, no (as in people whining to Norm). If issue arose I think what Dave did is par for the course if there is no other regulatory body (sorry @fidodie you don't count). Then again, I do agree with @Norm that posting private discussion is very difficult to recover from.......at least for me but I think Norm may be a bit more mature than myself. The one thing , well two things this exercise confirmed is: 1. Norm/Fidodie are partially constructive criticism and won't edit/hide it (that we know of) and that 2: The community wants Dave to be apart of it (I would tag him but I don't know what his name is today).

I should have been more specific, when Norm changes someone's avatar, or adds a banner, etc, there are people that privately voice their opinion that it may have gone too far,
or been up too long, etc....

I'm fairly sure nobody in the community responds well to whining.

@Dave can be tagged using BB code.

Code:
[USER=10866]@Dave[/USER]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom