2018-19 Ski /Snow Board Season

Zaskar

Shawnee?

I was there last weekend it was way thin...no way I was going back this week.

It is indeed Shawnee. Did you get out somewhere else this weekend?

I've seen better closing day conditions than what we skied yesterday. Conditions should be improving quickly with this weather.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
I was at Blue last Wednesday and it wasn't nearly that bad. It was better a month ago which is sad. Everyone should be blowing snow this week. Probably hit Hunter this week to check out the new North side trails.

Zaskar

No I skipped this weekend and took my son to the rock gym instead....kills me to spend $$$ to ski on that garbage.

I hear ya, I wouldn't either. Been trying to stay away but I've got volunteer hours to get in.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Took my son to Stowe, Smuggs and Sugar this past week. There was no natural snow on the drive up until we got out of Rutland near Killington. Then we woke up the next morning in Stowe to this:

DEDBA8E9-33B5-4247-BCC6-2BEBEB352E32.jpeg
Sadly, that 6” of fresh was tracked out by 9:30. But it sure beat sliding on ice.

DownhillR3

Not a good season so far. Creek has been finally blowing for over 24 hour period. Hope some local trails open.

So sad I have yet to get to Jay Peak this season. PS, don't go to Jay... worse place for trees in Northeast.

roc

Took my son to Stowe, Smuggs and Sugar this past week. There was no natural snow on the drive up until we got out of Rutland near Killington. Then we woke up the next morning in Stowe to this:

View attachment 84833
Sadly, that 6” of fresh was tracked out by 9:30. But it sure beat sliding on ice.
Have fun!! Hope your son knows how lucky he is. Looks like you could have a nice storm system over the next few days. Good luck.

DownhillR3

??? Thats was my favorite part of Jay....although after driving there twice, im just going to fly to utah next time as its closer :)

;) Jay has blown up over the past decade, so many tri-state people blasting up there now. Never used to see so many NY/NJ plates that far North. Now I just tell everyone Jay Peak stinks so less people go.

I only go to Jay for the trees, never ride groomers.

Zaskar

Conditions have improved at Shawnee since last week and a decent amount of snow is forecasted for the coming weekend.

IMG_20190112_202448_008.jpg

Next up...Sugarbush for the MLK weekend hoping the projected cold temps will keep the crowds inside.

Anyone else get out this weekend?

dmkalemba

Next up...Sugarbush for the MLK weekend hoping the projected cold temps will keep the crowds inside.

Anyone else get out this weekend?[/QUOTE]

I was at Mt Snow Friday and Saturday.... Decent enough conditions... but the subzero wind chills did NOT keep anyone away on Saturday!

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
yes, way better this weekend....my time was limited, but i did get a few hours in at Mt Peter with Bob Saturday afternoon/evening.

Zaskar

Sugarbush over MLK weekend w/ 18" between Saturday/Sunday afternoon. Pretty cold but no wind so not really a big deal if you were dressed right. Conditions were epic (at least for me) and got to ski some new trails (Morning Star, Rumble and Paradise) as my son keeps pushing to ski everything.

Back to Shawnee for the next two weekends where I hear they have "everything" now open, too bad tomorrow is going up to 55 with some r foretasted.
Also a couple of Creek nights in the plans and then a Stratton/Magic trip wkend of 2/8.

Pics from the mountain suck because I'm blind as fuck.

20190120_135803.jpg20190120_135907.jpg20190120_193800.jpg20190120_211813.jpgVideoCapture_20190123-110928.jpg20190120_100137.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom