Allaire Conditions

Matt_

I Get Jokes
@SmooveP
The intestines looking sections

Screenshot_20181223-193500_Strava.jpg

SmooveP

Micks is the high ground in the center of the sandpit, M7 is off the blind trail (entrance

They are both in the center of the sandpit.
So, behind that big pile of gravel? Didn’t ride there, but everything around the outskirts of the pit was good.

choop

Tiger got cleaned out about a month ago. Its handling water a lot better now. There might have been 2 wet spots, but overall it should have been ok yesterday.

Johnny Utah

I cringe at posting this, but here we go. I rode a portion of the park today but no tiger. M7 and Micks were interesting. There were several sections that were so blown out that riders rode up to seven lines around the main trail. In most cases the main trail was still obliterated days after the rain. This cannot be fixed. While I understand the mass of the trail was good to ride these sections as well as several turns were in no way shape or form good to go. I guess when I say it isn’t good to go I concentrate on these problem areas as I ride it often enough to know it will be an issue. Riders in the park grow annually but it seems skilled trail work deminishes. Who is going to fix the problem areas?

While up north these issues seem minimal, we have little clay to work with as well as No rock as a soil base. We do not have a solid ground. When erosion starts and heavy rain builds it is over....the trail turns to beach. This problem has been compounded as of recent, especially with the new trend of raking or blowing the leaves off the trail which usually clogs the drainage nicks in the trail as well as does not allow organic matter to build on the trail and breakup water flow.

I get sensitive as I have been at it since 97, I know others have but eventually I just want to throw in the towel and say f-it Someone else can work on this (I know the world will continue). It would almost feel better if someone just rode it, didn’t post up about it and kept their mouth shut, as encourageing others to go out in poor conditions is the ultimate slap in the face.

Dingo

I cringe at posting this, but here we go. I rode a portion of the park today but no tiger. M7 and Micks were interesting. There were several sections that were so blown out that riders rode up to seven lines around the main trail. In most cases the main trail was still obliterated days after the rain. This cannot be fixed. While I understand the mass of the trail was good to ride these sections as well as several turns were in no way shape or form good to go. I guess when I say it isn’t good to go I concentrate on these problem areas as I ride it often enough to know it will be an issue. Riders in the park grow annually but it seems skilled trail work deminishes. Who is going to fix the problem areas?

While up north these issues seem minimal, we have little clay to work with as well as No rock as a soil base. We do not have a solid ground. When erosion starts and heavy rain builds it is over....the trail turns to beach. This problem has been compounded as of recent, especially with the new trend of raking or blowing the leaves off the trail which usually clogs the drainage nicks in the trail as well as does not allow organic matter to build on the trail and breakup water flow.

I get sensitive as I have been at it since 97, I know others have but eventually I just want to throw in the towel and say f-it Someone else can work on this (I know the world will continue). It would almost feel better if someone just rode it, didn’t post up about it and kept their mouth shut, as encourageing others to go out in poor conditions is the ultimate slap in the face.

Agree!

I could have made the choice to ride there both Saturday and Sunday, with a crew.

They went, and I rode rail trail. Did I have fun, no. At least some pedal time, and did not contribute to messing up the trails. The long term effects of riding in chit is easy to grasp. Eventually the trail or the WHOLE park will be off limits to mtb.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
That's why we rode Brisbane. Its all good because we cant change it. MIKE will go in and fix it with crew and all good. Yada yada yada. NO worries mate!

Last edited:

w_b

90% of Allaire is fine. Stay away from the other 10% until it freezes. Capt . Obvious will tell you the low areas are wet.

Johnny Utah

I rode through tonight. I think this is the worst I have ever seen it two days after rain. Trails ridden (Strava names):

- M7
- Blind Trail (downhill roots)
- Crank it up
- Parts of Ed’s World
- Milk Man’s Son
- Steelman

There is standing water everywhere. Lots of mush, lots of puddles. Most of the drain nicks are full of leaves/mud and holding water on the trail. There are go around everywhere now.

I get it people are still going to ride it, don’t agree with it but get it.

That being said while it is still warm any interest in holding a Maintainence day to clear these drainage nicks on the well trafficked trails? Otherwise they will be ice pools come the freeze, not to mention the damage.

Maybe hold a group ride after? Thoughts?

@fidodie
@mike_243
@Mitch
@shrpshtr325

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I rode through tonight. I think this is the worst I have ever seen it two days after rain. Trails ridden (Strava names):

- M7
- Blind Trail (downhill roots)
- Crank it up
- Parts of Ed’s World
- Milk Man’s Son
- Steelman

There is standing water everywhere. Lots of mush, lots of puddles. Most of the drain nicks are full of leaves/mud and holding water on the trail. There are go around everywhere now.

I get it people are still going to ride it, don’t agree with it but get it.

That being said while it is still warm any interest in holding a Maintainence day to clear these drainage nicks on the well trafficked trails? Otherwise they will be ice pools come the freeze, not to mention the damage.

Maybe hold a group ride after? Thoughts?

@fidodie
@mike_243
@Mitch
@shrpshtr325

i could do an afternoon during the week - difficult on the weekend. need to get to SLB anyway.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions