Tourne County Park Conditions

notcho

Which one? I noticed a trail that I didn't remember that was right after the summit of Tourne on the way back down (going clockwise).

That’s a short out and back to a big boulder. You didn’t miss anything. We recently helped the MCPC fence off some rouge trails and plant some new vegetation to help mitigate users from coming down the middle from the summit, but the path to the rock was left open to hikers.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
the tobbogan run, its off the fireroad on the right as you leave the lake parking lot, you have to cut out a little section of trail to a cul-de-sac, go down a block, make a left, cut back in on the left, when you get to the top its a fun little (very short) downhill section back tot he fireroad.

Mtbdog

Any updates of trail conditions after last night's rain? Opinions on ridability helpful. Thanks

notcho

Trails in great shape. One big tree down on white and one on red on the ML side. Cleared this with folding saw on blue which is now all clear.
585A068D-1DAD-4750-89AB-BDAD729DE3BF.jpeg
53F4C496-72C8-479D-ABCE-168BD2CCA90B.jpeg

Wolfjon

Rode here last night after all of the rain over the last couple of days. One large tree across the purple trail and a few left over muddy areas to ride around. We only did a short ride but the rest seemed OK based on what we saw.

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
well the post above you was made yesterday afternoon, so lots of ruts . . . i would expect most of the park (except for the lower part along the swamp, white iirc) to to rideable from a moisture perspective.

Mtbdog

The only wet spots we encountered were on the white by the 2 bridges. Not more than 20 feet in total. Today should be excellent conditions.

Wolfjon

There is a tree in the ditch over on the Birchwood lake end of the red.. just after you pass the houses heading counterclockwise. lucky we were not going to fast yesterday you do not see it until coming up the side to drop in.

littlev21

went today. If there is a spot that ever had a puddle, it also has it now. Since the tourne drains rather well, it is pretty good. Just be smart. avoid the lower trails.

However, way too much widening of trails, direct path downward lines, just total disregard for trail layout. All the nice work done on the reroute is basically gone cuz guys want to bomb downward. Sad the amount of alternate lines created. Shameful.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
However, way too much widening of trails, direct path downward lines, just total disregard for trail layout. All the nice work done on the reroute is basically gone cuz guys want to bomb downward. Sad the amount of alternate lines created. Shameful.

I cut through the Tourne often because it's local, and it is ridiculous how bad the cheater lines are there. It's pretty much a lost cause in my opinion.

shrpshtr325

Team MTBNJ Halter's
back when i rode tourne regularly it was the hikers that were making the cheater lines belive it or not, especially in switchback areas, they saw the trail go out and back and said 'i dont want to walk that far when i can just go straight' and that was it. Not sure if its still the case, but with the amount of traffic that park sees its hard to ride anyway, great place if its convenient, but not worth the ride otherwise IMO

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
it was the hikers that were making the cheater lines belive it or not, especially in switchback areas, they saw the trail go out and back and said 'i dont want to walk that far when i can just go straight' and that was it.

Yeah, hikers kept opening up the old fall line trail that we re-routed a few years ago because it was quicker.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions