apple cx do njba cx rules even matter?

szymon

I was wondering if anyone else looked on bikereg to see whats going on with the apple cross race, what happened to the njba cx rules? Cat 1/2/3 women racing with the 4/5 at the same time and mens elite race cut down to 50mins because cat 3 race is at the same time, WTF?

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I saw that. I dont have the #’s in front of me but attendance seems to be on the decline. Maybe they think this will help or maybe their anticipated numbers are so low they’d rather just combine some groups and get TF out of there ASAP.

I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it. Enjoy the series while it still exists.

szymon

I can understand combining the cats because of a small fields but don't change the duration, I remember doing races where 2 different cat races ran at the same time but there were 2 sets of lap cards and no one had a problem with it. Personally I don't care if my race is combined with other cats but don't cut my race by 10 mins.

szymon

Looks like apple isn't part of the series anymore by what FB states which really isn't good news for anyone, I really hoped this wouldn't happen and some sort of compromise could have been made to keep it in the series.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Looks like apple isn't part of the series anymore by what FB states which really isn't good news for anyone, I really hoped this wouldn't happen and some sort of compromise could have been made to keep it in the series.

I don't understand what's going on anymore. In short order, we're just going to have to go ahead and buy podiums for everyone and we can cancel all the races, stand on our podiums (soap boxes) and just scream our opinions at each other all day.

The NJ series is on life support.

As a former NJ CX promoter, someone asked me this morning, "Why would anyone want to promote a race?" To me, there is absolutely zero reason. Another current promoter told me last night he is on the verge of quitting the scene altogether.

Nobody comes out on top when the loudmouth Internet bullies win these arguments. I'm all for debate/discussion but we should try not to act like we are 10 years old.

szymon

I I'm all for debate/discussion but we should try not to act like we are 10 years old.

I think that sums it up 100%, I think there should be debate/discussion and opinion's because it makes races better but in the end there has to be some compromise on both ends otherwise no one wins. Towards the end of the cx season the turnout starts to get low and I think combining some cats but having 2 sets of lap cards can work without changing the duration of races, pa races do this without a problem.

Top Bottom