OOS MOGA

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I know I missed this post, is she just not into it? My wife wont ride, the few times we had she walked the bike.... down the hill.
She's just scared of it because she hasn't mastered balancing and because of the speed.

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
are 510s worth it, kind of want to get them tomorrow :|
Depends.... are you having any issues with your current set up? Think about what it is about your current set that you would like to improve. 510s are pretty sticky with the proper flat pedals. But I got them for a different reason since I am on clipless. They are comfortable to walk in.

Btw... I passed over yours and @ridgehog jerseys to Frank last night.
Also, @shrpshtr325 I passed over your beers to Frank as well.

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I think I will buy a Santa Cruz Blur for my wife, wink wink
YES!!
New administrator of OOS needs a new Santa Cruz!

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 5.53.46 AM.png

Last edited:

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Random notes: thanks for thinking of me as a thread moderator but I can't keep up with you guys! You post too fast!!! Ha ha ha!

Yes. Get 5 tens. I think nice, comfy quality shoes will be worth the little extra $$ every time.

Get your wife on a bike at a place like Columbia Trail. Short trip. Lunch somewhere (bring a picnic or stop at a cafe off the trails.) Slow and easy. Take pictures. Make it fun. Look for the gnome homes. Go when that railroad museum is open and check it out. Go in a group with other couples. Some ladies love the thrill of rocks and downhills and take to the challenge faster. Others not so much.

MissJR

Team MTBNJ Halter's
We wouldn't do that to you we were just saying if we have a ride scheduled just pm you
I get a PM from people once in a while asking to add stuff so that wouldn't be a bad thing. But if you keep the list up to date on the first page, I think I'm ok unless things change after Wednesday/Thursday I post what's happening

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I get a PM from people once in a while asking to add stuff so that wouldn't be a bad thing. But if you keep the list up to date on the first page, I think I'm ok unless things change after Wednesday/Thursday I post what's happening

Are we able to add onto your thread as a regular poster?

MissJR

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Are we able to add onto your thread as a regular poster?
yeah... you can't edit it but if you just add a comment after the list i make, i'll see it and add it to the main list. i usually just add the link to the thread but if you add a comment, you can add more info like link to parking lot for directions. i'll add a "see below" too for something like:

honestly, sometimes i just get swamped at work and i don't have as much time to look around for the ride info, so the more stuff people give me, the better! :)

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
damn... Sunday morning is going to be cold. Low 30's.
I was hoping not to bring the camelbak but looks like I am going to need it to strip away layers as we go along.

Top Bottom