Should I still send it?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
If you are interested I have notvatec hubs laced to WTB rims that came off my 5010

Karate Monkey

Seriously, is this still going? A well trained monkey could replace those 8 spokes in 10 minutes.

Rebuild it? Sure, but you don't need to right away, if everything else is okay.

qclabrat

Seriously, is this still going? A well trained monkey could replace those 8 spokes in 10 minutes.

this^, I finally tried building a wheel earlier this year and I'm still not dead.
No tension meter or dishing tool, just a guitar tuner and a stack of quarters. Changing out the spokes (8) is a no brainer.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's

I do plan on figuring it out myself. Spokes are mad cheap... mechanics are not and I am poor. I don’t have a lot of time to ride lately and want to spend more time on the bike than working on it. Just wondering if the wheel is going to disintegrate on my next jump.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
I have the exact wheel you need but I'm afraid to lend it to you. BTW, are you Allen riding a Mission that we met at Dickerson Mine about a year ago? I think you mentioned you're a sound guy at MSG or something. Here's a link to the vid. Fist you blew by us at the 0:33 mark and then you joined up at 6:10.

Last edited:

Karate Monkey

I do plan on figuring it out myself. Spokes are mad cheap... mechanics are not and I am poor. I don’t have a lot of time to ride lately and want to spend more time on the bike than working on it. Just wondering if the wheel is going to disintegrate on my next jump.

Stick a screwdriver between the crosses and twist. If they didn't break, *I* would ride it, but no sane person would recommend you do.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have the exact wheel you need but I'm afraid to lend it to you. BTW, are you Allen riding a Mission that we met at Dickerson Mine about a year ago? I think you mentioned you're a sound guy at MSG or something. Here's a link to the vid. Fist you blew by us at the 0:33 mark and then you joined up at 6:10.

Nope, not me, though Dickerson is one of my go to’s. Funny you met another soundguy there. Oh, and probably not smart to loan me a wheel. I’ve been cursed this year.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Two pages in and no call for "Roof Drop!!!" ?

@Magic, you feeling alright?
1539260675033.png

Top Bottom