MCP Trail Maintenance

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
This month's trail maintenance has been moved to tomorrow, 5/26.
Come on out!
We meet at the marina lot at 9 am.

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Join us Saturday, 6/16 for our monthly trail maintenance session at Mercer County Park.
We meet in the marina parking lot at 9 am. (adjacent to the volley ball courts)
Please wear appropriate clothes for trail work, bring a drink, snack and your favorite bug spray.
Tools and gloves will be supplied.
If you plan to attend, please shoot me a PM or post a comment here so we can plan our work day.
See ya there!

TAS

The trail maintenance scheduled for Saturday 9/15, at Mercer County Park has been rescheduled for Sunday 9/16.
Meet at 9AM in the marina parking lot. Obviously weather may dictate a cancellation.
Please wear appropriate clothes for trail work, bring a drink, snack and your favorite bug spray.

Please reply via PM or post a comment here if you can attend so we can have the correct equipment on hand.
See you Sunday!

Big Al

The trail maintenance scheduled for Saturday 9/15, at Mercer County Park has been rescheduled for Sunday 9/16.
Meet at 9AM in the marina parking lot. Obviously weather may dictate a cancellation.

Please reply via PM or post a comment here if you can attend so we can have the correct equipment on hand.
See you Sunday!

Tom, I'm going to try to make it. If I can't, I'll let you know. -Al

Rusty

I'm in .... also just emailed ya.

And now that I will be there it will be much more fun and productive, so lets go guys/gals, come lend a hand. Weather will be very nice. Promise lots of wildlife sightings and pretty lake views. Double karma points for those attending.

TAS

Great, The more the merrier!!!! Got your PM.
Plan is to run the brush hog on Red between East picnic and the tennis courts, Then over to West Picnic, power lines and side trails in the immediate vicinity.

See you Sunday!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Picture of what @TAS is talking about. Once you get inside that fenced area, you can’t get out as they left no access points.

TAS

Sunday's TM was completed.... The red trail from East Picnic to just past the tennis courts was brush hogged and trimmed out. We then moved to the West Picnic area. The power line and three crossover - connector trails were trimmed out & cut. Al went BH crazy and did two additional trails from the power line.
Thanks to everyone who attended! (Al, Matt and Arnav )

TAS

Last edited:

TAS

From Mick Tormey -
Thank You for volunteering!!!
I had my hip replaced last Tuesday and thought we might have to reschedule or cancel our monthly trail day at Mercer County Park. We did reschedule it to Sunday and my sincere thanks to Tom Swords for leading the crew on Sunday Tom Swords came over and got the tools needed out of my shed and my car with the trailer attached to get this done!! I would also like to thank Alastair MacLennan Arnav Kakarla and Matt Kempler for joining Tom and getting a large section of the red trail trimmed back and ready for the Fall and Winter use. With the new brush hog and a couple of power tools a few good volunteers go a long way!!! I am hoping to get a larger group of volunteers next month to ready the park for Fall & Winter use. Many Thanks to the crew!!!

Mick

TAS

Since was Al was itching to use the "Hog" again.... he got the opportunity on Sunday. I picked up the JORBA trailer at Mick's and off we went!
From the West picnic area - West - Yellow trail, Paxton Twisties, Orange trail all the way out to Van Nest and Hughs drive.
Some additional side and connector trails were also done. One man ran the hog, the other trimming & sawing.
We switched hog'n duties about the mid point. All trails were double sided cut.
We were both wupped and Al was out of water, so we called it quits at 3:30.
Trails should be good for the fall & winter!
Oh and lest I forget..... I introduced Al to eating Autumn berries off the tree... and he likes them!
Just have to pick the right tree.

TAS

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Since was Al was itching to use the "Hog" again.... he got the opportunity on Sunday. I picked up the JORBA trailer at Mick's and off we went!
From the West picnic area - West - Yellow trail, Paxton Twisties, Orange trail all the way out to Van Nest and Hughs drive.
Some additional side and connector trails were also done. One man ran the hog, the other trimming & sawing.
We switched hog'n duties about the mid point. All trails were double sided cut.
We were both wupped and Al was out of water, so we called it quits at 3:30.
Trails should be good for the fall & winter!
Oh and lest I forget..... I introduced Al to eating Autumn berries off the tree... and he likes them!
Just have to pick the right tree.

TAS
Saw it today in Van Nest. Thanks!!!

I am annoyed about the Paxton Twisties (are they the west picnic twisties?)

Rusty

Saw it today in Van Nest. Thanks!!!

I am annoyed about the Paxton Twisties (are they the west picnic twisties?)

No...assuming you mean the road work and path they are digging thru the woods on the volleyball to west picnic trail
Not sure its going to make too much impact other than having to cross pavement, but I get your point, unnecessary.
They should have spent that money all these years keeping the historic house in shape, but who am I to judge...

Pax Twist section is here: (one end of it is where the split rocks are, if that helps)
1539129684881.png

Rusty

my point in coming here was to praise Tom and Al for crushing a ridiculous amount of mileage with that wonderful brush hog. Trails at Mercer are definitely ready for winter. Thanks dudes.

Now if we can keep the leaf blowers away, all should be good.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
my point in coming here was to praise Tom and Al for crushing a ridiculous amount of mileage with that wonderful brush hog. Trails at Mercer are definitely ready for winter. Thanks dudes.

Now if we can keep the leaf blowers away, all should be good.
Leaf blowers....rake FTW, that being said, take in spring is best.

Also, I was told they are putting a gas pipe through with a path on top

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions