Clean Start

serviceguy

Never made the connection running-Chicago...now if you say deep dish pizza-Chicago I think I can relate...and also, did you win?

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Well - mission accomplished. had to "sprint" the last bit, cause i can't do math 3:43 into running.

File_001.png

Stamina was great! feet, not so much. They were screaming enough that i decided to walk the food and water stops around mile 20 to give them
a break, and get the maximum amount of water/gatorade in my mouth, rather than down my shirt.

Awesome experience - crowds lined all 26.2 miles of the course. Latino neighborhood wins for being the most enthusiastic,
Chinatown for the most colorful (they were also loud) - one of the high schools had their drumline playing. plenty of dj music, and
a couple bands.

Would i do another one? i need to figure out if my feet were screaming because the rain effected the cushioning of the sneakers, or if they just
can't take that mileage. I'm sure i could shave 5 minutes off the half-marathon. Maybe that is a better way to go - or just ride my bike,
like at hippo this weekend.

No @Norm, you were the big winner this weekend.

Last edited:

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Congrats! Is it true chip time or does the clock start when the wave goes off and everyone not in the first row get proportionately screwed on time based on start position in the pack?

Patrick

Staff member
Congrats! Is it true chip time or does the clock start when the wave goes off and everyone not in the first row get proportionately screwed on time based on start position in the pack?

Chip timed.
They had pads every 5k and at the half. Also had pads to check for cheats.

Patrick

Staff member
The Day After -

Fell into a deep sleep last night. Relatively early. I may have seen the beginning of the evening football game, or not.

Of course i wake-up at 3:45 and can't get back to sleep. Took some asprin, drank some more water.

My head is a little swimmy - like after a plane ride that did a quick descent.

Not feeling too badly today physically - the spot where i got stung in the side of knee/tendon area still hurts.
The vastus medialis are hurting! These are usually the first to cramp when i bike too. Maybe i should
think about specific exercises to strengthen them.

1539006208882.png

@seanrunnette - Nipples are good, a little sensitive. There is some chaffing near my collar bone from the front of the shirt collar being wet.
And we spoke about toes. Thought i had it under control. Must have left a little too much nail.
The big toe already had a black nail - i just added some bruising. 1st toe has a nice blood blister, second toe turned black and has some bruising in front.
Lovely!

IMG_2318.JPG

somewhere between my toes and my nipples is also chaffed. luckily no bleeding (and no pictures.)

I'm not sure lycra is the way to go on a distance run - at least for guys.

----

pounded down some eggs and meats this morning. Couple cups of coffee, muffin, and two bananas.
The sun is out in Chicago, and it is almost time to do some exploring!

Last edited:
Top Bottom