Going Long and Hard.

It's more officially official.

Screenshot_20180903-091459_Firefox.jpg

congrats man, glad its official.

do people really do that whole thing on foot? am i reading that correctly?

It's still a long way away. Last week of February.

My base fitness is very high right now so much of my focus will be on sharpening that and working on gear. I have a bunch of big weeks all through September and into October to jump-start a bit mixing in BS50 and Erie80 to work on my short-game.

My base fitness is very high right now so much of my focus will be on sharpening that and working on gear. I have a bunch of big weeks all through September and into October to jump-start a bit mixing in BS50 and Erie80 to work on my short-game.
how does your prep change from the shorter race? What are the gear changes, if any, you are planning?

Going for an R12 at all? Not in the cards?

how does your prep change from the shorter race? What are the gear changes, if any, you are planning?

Mostly just beefing up to a proper winter expedition set-up. The -40 bag I bought was a big part of that. I'm also looking at my options for a small tent instead of the bivy. And I'm going to buy the new Salsa fork with all the mounts so I can move everything around and further organize my gear.

So I haven't updated any of my actual riding escapades here. Pretty much everything just goes through the Gram. A brief catch up since the last 600k.

I spent a week out at State College riding Rothrock and Raystown. Did something like 30 hours and 200 miles during that trip. Rained pretty much the entire time. I broke my Stumpy. Not like cracked, but none of the suspension moves anymore. Jeff swapped me to SS for Bearscat.

Then I raced Bearscat on the SS where I also crashed and broke my kneecap. I smashed it about 9 miles in. I still finished although I had to walk every climb.

I let me kneecap heal for a week before hitting the Gap trail in Pittsburgh for a ride down to DC. Just kidding, my knee is fucked. But I can ride 350 miles on a demo bike I've never ridden with a broken knee apparently. I will upload random photos from my phone after this post in case you don't already just follow me on IG.

Back
Top Bottom