Clean Start

rlb

Good luck Pat! I haven't been following along too much lately so I'm just seeing this now. Don't forget to have fun!

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Welcome to October! and race week.

All that is left is to get my gut straightened out by watching what goes into the pie hole. It took a beating this weekend cause i was hungry
with the weather change, and the last couple of workouts. Not sure why - but it is done. Think i got a bit dehydrated yesterday. Cool weather with
bright sunshine. Like a spring snowboarding day!

Week's Schedule:
Monday: do some work at a client, maybe a short run on the columbia trail​
Tuesday: light work at a different client: run for less than an hour, but do some progressive speed work​
Wednesday: Easy run, work on form. I really need to work on looking into the distance to keep the stride length up​
Thursday: Golf! I'll consider this cross training. It is my w1f3's league, with the party at our house afterwards.​
Friday: Travel day, depending on weather, may do a course preview on a rental bike.​
Saturday: Packet p/u, meet some of the others from Paramount doing the race.​
Sunday: Race Day! Should be enjoying a post race beverage by 1pm​
Monday: Afternoon flight home.​
Chicago weather on Sunday is predicted to be in the 60s with overcast, and 45% rain - according to accumulation amounts, it should be a light rain.
I don't see this being a problem, and may even reduce the number of participants. Could get a little cold, and i'll need to figure out pre-race clothes
to prevent a drenched start. If i'm lucky, the Cubs will be playing Sunday night, and i can take in the game with the locals. i can't imagine what a seat at
Wrigley field would cost, but i'll poke around.

It has been a good 15 weeks of training - Slacked off a bit last week, and didn't carry any of my long runs into the 20+ mile range, but the handful
in the 15+ mile range felt good. Base speed is up significantly, and the initial marathon goal pace is easily held now. Won't make any predictions,
just going to let it come to me.

Yesterday's run was with my coach - well, she is more the one that keeps me accountable to the workout schedule, and tells me one thing,
and does another (but she knows that) - She had just wrapped-up a bike ride, and was all warmed-up, so i got my ass kicked at the start of the workout.
But it was fun running around the dirt roads of Bedminster. Same area as the famous Monday afternoon gravel/fatbike ride.

Since it is a good pic, i'll throw this one up.

View attachment 77926

Made a deal with her: she'll give mtb a serious attempt if i broke 4 hours. Going to need a size small fatbike.
---

Future plans:

Haven't taken the kickr out of the box yet. Don't want to be tempted - but it is coming.
Will get that hooked up, and start swifting away (btw, that is my next song parody. think night ranger)

I'll also keep running - easy enough to just head out the door for a few loops around the block. Most of the interval
stuff will be on the trainer - think that is an easier way to measure/monitor progress. Maybe i can compete in
short track this year! Looking forward to some nice fall road riding too. Oct 17th wildcat wednesday!

As it happens, my Mukluk (aka the SnowDog) is a size small. You're welcome to borrow it so she can pay off that bet. It even had platforms on it. :) Kick Ass Pat!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Inside 24 hours! Heading to the expo center for packet pick-up.
Loaded up the Divvy (think citibike) App - so i'll roll that for the 3-4 miles through buckingham park.

Weather is a serious wildcard. Anywhere from thunderstorms in the 50s, to cloud cover in the high 60s.

Current view over lk michigan.

IMG_2304.JPG

I'm on Michigan ave, just north of the Chicago River. I was walking the mile from the train station yesterday, and came across the
demonstrators marching up the street after the verdict was read. Large police presence. Seemed peaceful enough.

Hottest ticket in town last night. I had to pass.
IMG_2297.JPG

Time to start the day!

Top Bottom