Any scotch/whisky drinkers in here?

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Breaking in the new "glencairn"style glasses with a new dram.
IMG_1912.JPG
As aggressive as you'd expect a young bourbon to be, but not offensive.

qclabrat

Had to crack open a gift bottle in the back. Nothing special, but still nostalgic, given this was my dad's drink. I don't know how many times I've snuck out a few ounces or mixed in water to his bottles when in HS. This scotch kinda sucks, the old man doesn't know his stuff. Dewar's is so much better IMO
IMG_20180724_215718.jpg

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Buy it up, as you know it will be gone soon...
It's just crazy.
I remember when Yama 12 hit the shelves here and it was <$40/bottle.
Liked it at that price.
Then watched that gradually increase until the recent announcement.
Can still find it for under a hundred,
But I'll just get 2 bottles of bourbon instead thanks.

cuda

First bottle from Scotland is down. An incredible, young whisky. Less than 400 bottles distilled at Caol Ila. Bought along the Royal Mile, no less aka Edinburgh's Times Square. Looks light but the shaky hands shop keep was big on the "no color added." The slight oily texture is what sold me. Gentler peat and a wider flavor profile than a Laphroaig 10/quarter cask. IMG_20180919_202152.jpg

RSAmerica

First bottle from Scotland is down. An incredible, young whisky. Less than 400 bottles distilled at Caol Ila. Bought along the Royal Mile, no less aka Edinburgh's Times Square. Looks light but the shaky hands shop keep was big on the "no color added." The slight oily texture is what sold me. Gentler peat and a wider flavor profile than a Laphroaig 10/quarter cask. View attachment 77273
Where did you get it?

Top Bottom