What Bird Did You See Today?

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
While paddling the Barnegat bay with Mary this afternoon I came upon an Eastern Willet guarding an area on a sedge island off of Harvey Cedars, he was very vocal. His feathers were striking in flight.

64838131-480px.jpg

Crummy house on the island off of Harvey Cedars in middle of the bay.

20180808_150112.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
keep an eye out for pickles

https://planetprinceton.com/2018/08/08/pickles-the-cockatiel-missing-in-princeton/

Screenshot-2018-08-08-at-12.06.04.png
Pickles the cockatiel
A cockatiel who answers to “Pickles” flew the coop on Tuesday near Princeton Theological Seminary and Edgehill Street. Pickles is grey with orange cheeks and is tame. If you spot Pickles, call Caroline at (609) 955-1491.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Update on the hummingbird situ:
Added 2 more feeders (3 total).
Thinking of adding another.
The dogfights around the feeders are non-stop. They sound like a lightsaber duel with the occasional cheeping chatter.
I think there are probably around 5-6 resident birds now.
Loving it.

Patrick

Staff member
Update on the hummingbird situ:
Added 2 more feeders (3 total).
Thinking of adding another.
The dogfights around the feeders are non-stop. They sound like a lightsaber duel with the occasional cheeping chatter.
I think there are probably around 5-6 resident birds now.
Loving it.
Picture/video fail.
Just saying

serviceguy

Bald Eagle on Shepherds Lake. Technically, it was yesterday...too far away from the shore for me to capture a picture worth showing. He/she (my wife kept referring to it as He and I kept referring to it as She, no idea why) kept flying across the lake, wait for pray on a tree , capture some fish, eating it on a tree, repeat...

Patrick

Staff member
Bald Eagle on Shepherds Lake. Technically, it was yesterday...too far away from the shore for me to capture a picture worth showing. He/she (my wife kept referring to it as He and I kept referring to it as She, no idea why) kept flying across the lake, wait for pray on a tree , capture some fish, eating it on a tree, repeat...

same out in STL area last week....camera shy.

IMG_1741.JPG

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
20180818_183401.jpg

The Eagle has landed.
While working the other day at 5:50am, prepping the golf course for play I heard a bird noise I've never heard before.
https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Bald_Eagle/sounds

I dropped what I was doing, grabbed my field glasses and scanned the tree line for the mystery bird. The bald eagle was easy to spot in the tree tops. I walked closer cautiously, not wanting to spook the visitor.

While watching the eagle, I also observed an Osprey dive bombing the bird with aggressive efforts to try to get him to move on, the Osprey has a nest about 1000yrds away and doesn't want competition for food or any threats upon its young. This was taken with my phone, crappy pic but it illustrates the scale of what was going on.

I'm not sure why the Eagle sat there for over 20 minutes in defiance while the Osprey attacked, we had a heavy rain the previous hour, maybe he was resting and drying out?

20180818_060341.jpg

w_b

Can’t believe 13 pages and nobody’s spotted this guy:

94924F23-2992-4F59-8120-D81B26EB1259.jpeg
Yup he’s struggling but the extremely rare G.P. Bird will eventually figure it out.

Top Bottom