we pissed off mother earth

ilnadi

jeez, all I wanted to do was complain about the rain (which &^%&@#^$%!! did not even happen so my whole schedule is messed up)

I am not advocating throttling free speech (I was in college in Turkey in the '70s, I know what real lack of free speech looks like)
HOWEVER when it comes to "rights" there is a juvenile understanding in some that rights extend forever.
"Your right to swing your arm leaves off where my right not to have my nose struck begins” apparently attributed to John B. Finch who was of all things the Chairman of the Prohibition National Committee so apparently he REALLY did not understand the concept.

qclabrat

@ilnadi weather rain free here, but boy is it hot
No plans to ride, even dawn patrol is unbearable
Screenshot_20180802-095517.png

qclabrat

where are you? reminds me of being in Vegas and running in the dark at 5am.
Qingdao China, between Beijing and Shanghai. It's a beach town so there's a breeze and not oppressively crowded like the mega cities. Bearable, but any sporting activity other than swimming is not recommended in this heat wave.

echappy

how much longer would you be there?

and here i am, kvetching about 85F at Lewis Mo tomorrow. I'm a real wimp when it comes to heat/humidity

qclabrat

how much longer would you be there?

and here i am, kvetching about 85F at Lewis Mo tomorrow. I'm a real wimp when it comes to heat/humidity
Shandong Province which is where Qingdao is located for another 7 days then back to Xuzhou (near Nanjing) before heading to Beijing for a day then heading to Hawaii for a few. I'll be back in two weeks. I wish I had a freezer to make ice to fill in my backpack. Oddly this summer is the most comfortable for the past few summers. it's been worst, like feels like over 120F terrible.

Top Bottom