fun Fridays ride 2018

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
SO bummed; stuck putting out some last minute fires for two large jobs we are starting on Monday. Looks like the "man" is still keeping me down. Unfortunately, I have to be responsible and stick around until this is resolved. Sorry!!!

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not gonna make it in time... sorry guys. I’m at the shop waiting on my bike now but they are slammed. I was so close to making this!

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I’m dying to check out sterling... I actually thought I was going to make it and got held up at the shop... oh well. I hit up Creek and time I got there they were talking about closing the lifts due to lighting coming in...but it never happened. #FAKENEWS

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@ReggieHammond hope you got everything done, we still need a good tour of allamuchy if you have a free Friday!

I have a standing call on Friday mornings with my team that is very difficult to reschedule. Friday rides that start no earlier than 12:00pm work best for me and less likely of work conflicts if they are in the 2-3 week of the month. I have a standing call on Friday mornings with my team that is very difficult to reschedule.

8/10 works
8/24 is the start of Cranks

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
I just got a notification on FB that allamuchy north is a mess. Can anyone confirm? This is where we are riding correct?

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I just got a notification on FB that allamuchy north is a mess. Can anyone confirm? This is where we are riding correct?

Does your intel specify particulars? Downed trees, overgrowth, muddy trails?

I rode there on the 29th without any issues; actually...it was in great shape. A bee's nest in a downed limb on a trail leading towards Bitch Slap ( I got lit up trying to move the limb), but that was it. This place drains VERY well, so I would be surprised if the trails are too muddy to ride since the 29th. Overgrowth.....well, that is always a battle. With a group of 5-7 volunteers for each TM session makes it difficult to keep both Allamuchy AND Deer Park cleared of all overgrowth and downed trees.

I am not concerned for Friday, but I will ask around. If I'm wrong, we can look at another park.

ill defer to the local expert on that one,

@ReggieHammond what says you? your call if we need to find a different park we will.

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Does your intel specify particulars? Downed trees, overgrowth, muddy trails?

I rode there on the 29th without any issues; actually...it was in great shape. A bee's nest in a downed limb on a trail leading towards Bitch Slap ( I got lit up trying to move the limb), but that was it. This place drains VERY well, so I would be surprised if the trails are too muddy to ride since the 29th. Overgrowth.....well, that is always a battle. With a group of 5-7 volunteers for each TM session makes it difficult to keep both Allamuchy AND Deer Park cleared of all overgrowth and downed trees.

I am not concerned for Friday, but I will ask around. If I'm wrong, we can look at another park.
From allumchy trail crew on fb, they said it was muddy.

Last edited:

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Screenshot_20180807-162247_Chrome.jpg

roc

We are good to go for tomorrow's ride.

Here is the 411 again:

Let's plan for a 12:00pm start.

We can meet here: 40.956087,74.7394077,17

It's a Park n Ride lot on Route 206. We'll jump into the park at the Wavin' Willy trail to get the legs warmed up.
We are good to go for tomorrow's ride.

Here is the 411 again:

Let's plan for a 12:00pm start.

We can meet here: 40.956087,74.7394077,17

It's a Park n Ride lot on Route 206. We'll jump into the park at the Wavin' Willy trail to get the legs warmed up.
if everything goes as planned, about how many miles are you thinking?

Top Bottom