New to Jersey

Mtbdog

Welcome to the rock garden state!☺ You should be able to find places to ride and people to ride with thru the weekly rides in the "what's happening this weekend thread. Hope this helps! Have fun!

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Welcome :)

Jersey has a little bit of everything...condensed into the available space. The higher in the state you go, the taller and rocky’er the trails... Farther you go south, flatter and sandy’er the trails. You happen to be in the “happy medium” part of the state. The closest trails to you are Rutgers Eco, 6mile, Chimney Rock, Nassau, Round Valley, Hartshorn-Huber, Allaire and Lewis Morris. You will find each to be quite different from each other. The “Good Stuff” you will find in the Northern parks. Have fun!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Welcome to NJ!

Hope your schedule allows for some daytime/weekday riding when the trails are empty.

Dan left the Sourland Mountain Preserve off his list. there is some good stuff hidden in there....
See ya on the trails.

The Kalmyk

Welcome to NJ.

You will find plenty of good riding in the area. PA and Upstate NY have some awesome riding as well... Ok one thing at a time.

Bizarro

Welcome! I love my fattie and ride all over all year round...Moved from Austin Tx a number of years ago and it's a great place to ride and get creative. I get on the endure bike when I can also. Hope this weekend or next will be up riding six mile run or Sourlands....Fun. Hope to run into ya on the fat or whenever!

kidzach

Jersey has a little bit of everything...condensed into the available space. The higher in the state you go, the taller and rocky’er the trails... Farther you go south, flatter and sandy’er the trails. You happen to be in the “happy medium” part of the state. The closest trails to you are Rutgers Eco, 6mile, Chimney Rock, Nassau, Round Valley, Hartshorn-Huber, Allaire and Lewis Morris. You will find each to be quite different from each other. The “Good Stuff” you will find in the Northern parks. Have fun!
Juggernaut nailed it

Chris(NJ)

You forgot to mention that she could ride the Canal Path back and forth if she wants a quick 130 mile out and back sprint ;)

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
You forgot to mention that she could ride the Canal Path back and forth if she wants a quick 130 mile out and back sprint ;)

I’m still trying to forget the 62 miler...... hour after of the wheels on the bike go round and round..... aaaaaaahhhhhhhh! ;)

Top Bottom