Official: 2018-2019 mtbNJ.com Fantasy Football League Thread - Utah wins the cup, still thinks oobaa47 is Timothy McVeigh

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
YOUR 2018-2019 mtbNJ.com FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD
042717_goodell-boo.b1acc89a.fill-735x490.gif
Greetings to another year of year of fantasy football here on mtbNJ.com! As commish, my goal is to make a fun and extremely volatile and borderline violent environment here. While summer is in full swing, the experts are putting out rankings, discussing offensive line rankings and who is going to be the biggest bust of 2018-2019. The rumblings in the old thread have got me thinking that we need an open forum before the season starts for new, fresh ideas, more smack talking, and more gifs.

With that said, lets let the Summer Meeting discussions will begin now. Feel free to reply about ideas, tell me my ideas suck, as well as your ideas to make this year even more interesting.

LAST YEAR MANAGERS, CANT HANDLE THE HEAT?
Please let me know if your tenure as a mtbNJ Fantasy League Manager has come to an end.

YOU, YEAH YOU, DO YOU WANT TO PLAY WITH US?
Do you like gifs? Do you enjoy bickering and stressing out weekly over fake football? Can you post daily to provide drama? Please give a 100 word reply with why you should be a replacement manager (if applicable), or an expansion team for the 2018-2019 season. We can take 2 more teams max.

YOUR 2018 DRAFT PICKING ORDER
Last year, throughout the playoffs and year, you were playing for your draft picking order. Not draft position, but you will get to PICK where you want to draft. The order is below. I will have a date of when you need to have your decision in by, right now, that is TBD.

1. Highest scoring in Golden Turd Triple Thread match - @jmanic
2. Second highest scoring in Golden Turd Triple Threat match - @Carson
3. Highest score in "Winners" Toilet Bowl - @elzoller
4. Second highest score in "Winners Toilet Bowl - @Chris26er
5. Third highest score in "Winners" Toilet Bowl - @fidodie
6. Fourth Place Overall - @jnos
7. Third Place Overall - @pearl
8. Guacamole Cup Runner-Up - @UtahJoe
9. Guacamole Cup Winner - @stb222
10. Golden Turd Winner - @jShort
**If a manager leaves, the replacement will draft last. If we have a gif battle, they will battle for draft position. Not sure if I should allow them to pick first, or towards the end. Will decide.**

PAYOUT IDEAS
Looking to spice up the payout this year, the winner take all/2nd place gets money back is meh and people (@jShort) lose interest because their team sucks or they are intoxicated most of the time.

QUESTION: Thoughts on doing $30 buy in instead of $20? When you do the math, $30 comes to less than $1.90 per week for 16 weeks of non-stop amazing football entertainment.

Payout ideas at $20 with 10 teams:
1st: $130
2nd: $30
3rd: $10
#1 Overall Regular Season Seed: $10
Most Points Regular Season: $10
Weekly Battle Belt: $10

Weekly Battle Belt is an idea I saw, @stb222 will start with the weekly belt. If he loses, he passes the belt on to who he lost to. If he wins, he keeps for next week. Whoever has the belt at the end of the regular season wins. Need to think of a better name for it though.

Payout idea at $30:
All of the above, plus the extra $100 would pay out each weekly high score, all season. $6.25 a week to the winner. Doesn't sound like much, but will add up.

We will have a clear cut breakdown of payouts before the draft.

PLAYOFF IDEAS
1) Open up to 6 teams, bracket would have 1st and 2nd seed byes, Playoffs Week 14, 15 and 16.
2) Keep at 4 teams, 2 game series, Playoffs would be Week 13/14, Week 15/16

Please feel free to discuss, we will have a vote in a couple of weeks.

Toilet Bowl is locked in and will forever be part of the remaining crap teams.

SCORING CHANGES
-Removed -1 point for field goal missed; doesn't make sense.
QUESTION: We currently have 0PPR (points per reception) should we do .25? .5?
This will be open for a vote in a couple of weeks as well.

OPEN DISCUSSION
Floor is open for other discussions as well.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Damn @pearl you out did yourself this time!!

bravo-gif-15.gif

1 - I vote for $30 fee
2 - Too many prices diluting the earnings. If anything: Prize for Champ, prize for #1 end of season, and consolation prize to 2nd place (his money back). That is it!
3 - 12 teams would be great
4 - kicker Miss FG does make sense -1!! ...penalize those with lack of talent
5 - I ask for 1 pt PPR, I'll take the 0.5 PPR
6 - Less bench spots!! (4 max)
7 - don't like playoff 2 game series
8 - all in for 6 teams playoff.

I think that is it.....

psych_distress.gif

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
giphy.gif

Well done JP.

1 - I vote for $30 fee
2 - Too many prices diluting the earnings. If anything: Prize for Champ, prize for #1 end of season, and consolation prize to 2nd place (his money back). That is it!

I agree with most of this, although not the additional money part....I just want more people in here posting gifs and making this an entertaining thread. This should be the clown show that it is.

Defensive scoring breakdown was one on my list last year, but I cant remember the details. The way its currently setup tho is all fucked up.

jnos

Damn @pearl you out did yourself this time!!

1 - I vote for $30 fee
Agree with 0.5 PPR and fewer bench spots (I'd ask for 5, though). 2 game playoff is wack.

PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SWITCH TO YAHOO!! ESPN IS SOOOOO GARBAGE!!!

jnos

Agree with 0.5 PPR and fewer bench spots (I'd ask for 5, though). 2 game playoff is wack.

PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SWITCH TO YAHOO!! ESPN IS SOOOOO GARBAGE!!!
Sorry, forgot to add a photo of the ESPN interface.
200_d.gif

oobaa47

I officially submit my application as an expansion franchise to the League's Board of Directors. My local municipality just recently approved the permit to commence construction on the new stadium. In the meantime, we are practicing and scrimmaging on the jungle habitat parking lot; we need to toughen up for the upcoming season. Here is an artist's rendition of what the new stadium will look like:

1531571933013.png

Besides, I suck at mtn biking and I suck at fantasy football, so this should be a perfect fit.....

Last edited:

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
maxresdefault.gif
SUMMER MEETING HALFWAY RECAP

Wow, such a busy two and a half weeks at the summer meetings, I have barely had time to catch up on where we have gone! So glad to talk to so many team owners and hear how their offseason has been going. We have had long talks and while we are still discussing certain issues, I'd like to officially release the following announcements.

The committee has come to the following rule changes for the 2018-2019 season:

Shorter Benches
From 7 to 5. Still need to confirm if IR bench spots will exist.

.5 PPR is here!
Each reception is now worth .5 points.

Entry Fee will remain the same.
Even though the product we are putting out is second-to-none, we will remain at $20.

Payout Updates
Guacamole Cup Winner:
Guacamole Cup Runner up: $20
Best Regular Season Record:

Not enough interest for expansion teams for this season... or maybe you're interested?
While we have heard rumors of other owners interested in building stadiums in their respective areas, @oobaa47's great submission post, that only leaves us at 11. The league is looking for the original owners that were in this league when it was just scored with pencils and paper to step forward and bring back it's original glory. We only ever read old posts from 2012/2013 of @Norm, When @bonefishjake was 3-1 and never logged in, @ChrisRU, the list goes on. Will we ever see another team in these cities?

Nothing is set in stone yet, and we still are open to another team and playoff scenarios. September is just around the corner!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
haha -

1 ir spot - is it set that if the person comes off ir for reelz, they can't hold that spot?

5 is a good number - it isn't 8 or 3, but still ok.

snake draft?

1533053272336.png

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
In for gambling, though I don't know what I'm doing. I've watched the League though, so I'm 73% prepared like @jmanic's pocket dogs. Who do I PayPal?

Thank you for your interest, please read below and include one gif that sums up why you should an expansion team will be in your city

Do you like gifs? Do you enjoy bickering and stressing out weekly over fake football? Can you post daily to provide drama? Please give a 100 word reply with why you should be a replacement manager (if applicable), or an expansion team for the 2018-2019 season. We can take 2 more teams max.

1 ir spot - is it set that if the person comes off ir for reelz, they can't hold that spot?

5 is a good number - it isn't 8 or 3, but still ok.

snake draft?

It looks like we may have 12 teams this year, so not sure how much that is going to change things with bench space with 12 full rosters... anyone have experience in a 12 team league with short benches?

IR spot would work as follows
So your stud running back just had a season-ending injury and you watched your fantasy season collapse before your eyes. Now you've regained your composure, you're here and you're wondering how you can move him to an IR slot and carry on valiantly. First off, we feel your pain. More than likely the system hasn't updated their official injury status to IR yet (as marked with an asterisk and an "IR" tag next to the player's name) so until that happens he's stuck on your active roster.

A player has to be on PUP or officially ruled out to be IR eligible. If you have someone who isn't IR eligible in your IR slot, you won't be allowed to make any pickups or trades til you move them out of IR.

Yes, snake draft is the way to roll. We will have a date where @jmanic will pick his draft spot, and then 24 hours, the next person will go.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thank you for your interest, please read below and include one gif that sums up why you should an expansion team will be in your city

"Please give a 100 word reply with why you should be a replacement manager (if applicable), or an expansion team for the 2018-2019 season. We can take 2 more teams max."
http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F04%2Fsweet-brown.gif

rick81721

Lothar

It looks like we may have 12 teams this year, so not sure how much that is going to change things with bench space with 12 full rosters... anyone have experience in a 12 team league with short benches?

IR spot would work as follows

A player has to be on PUP or officially ruled out to be IR eligible. If you have someone who isn't IR eligible in your IR slot, you won't be allowed to make any pickups or trades til you move them out of IR.

Yes, snake draft is the way to roll. We will have a date where @jmanic will pick his draft spot, and then 24 hours, the next person will go.

Here's my submission:

THE WORLD CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA EAGLES!!!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
the only reason im not looking forward to football, hearing this EVERY WEEK

he is going in the box if it keeps up.....about a 17 week ban, which would be shortened by an extended losing streak..

oobaa47

In my 12 team leagues, they either have a 6 man or 7 man bench.....

Top Bottom